Delayed group text messages
taraleeshook
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been going on for several months and I've just recently had the time to troubleshoot it.

I have a Samsung Note 10+ 5G. It's difficult to replicate the problem while I'm contacting support because it occurs intermittently. I have contacted Verizon the last 4 days in a row after each of their suggestions didn't fix it. Posting here because the last 2 days the support agents were rude, declared my issue resolved and ended the chat on me.

I'm in a group chat with 4 friends that also have Verizon, 3 of them have iPhones and one has a Google phone. The delayed texts happen intermittently, and seem to occur when we are all texting back and forth right after another, my texts in the chat don't go through right away, there's a spinning circle like its processing, and I don't get any texts that my friends are sending.  Sometimes my texts just won't send and I have to keep trying to resend. The delay can be anywhere from a half hour to several hours. This occurs no matter my location, my zip code is 95136. Eventually I get everyone's texts in separate individual texts that I have to download, and once downloaded they show up in the group text (not in order). One of my friends said it was happening to them when they had a Samsung phone and stopped now that they have iPhone. 

Things I've tried, that I remember:

Having Wi-Fi turned off all the time

Switching from Verizon Messages+ app and now use Samsung default messaging app

Resetting network settings

Clearing cache and data from the apps

Verizon support agent said they synced my phone to Verizon

Force stopping the app and restarting the app

Restarting my phone

Turning my phone off and leaving it off for 3 minutes before turning back on

Deleting the group text and then creating a new group text

Turning on Safe Mode

Re: Delayed group text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello taraleeshook,

I have several group conversation happening as well and would be concerned too if I were having any issues with sending messages. Is this only happening when trying to send messages? Or does it happen also when receiving messages? What signal is your phone showing at the top when this occurs?

0 Likes
dcalderone3
Enthusiast - Level 1

It occurs when on 4G/5G with good quality of service as well. This is a known Samsung Issue WITH NO FIX. If you have a legitimate fix please share with customers.

0 Likes
jenoak

@dcalderone3 wrote:

It occurs when on 4G/5G with good quality of service as well. This is a known Samsung Issue WITH NO FIX. If you have a legitimate fix please share with customers.

Having same problem. S20 ultra. All up to date. Happening on verizon, samsung, and google app. Doesn't matter if on 4G or wireless. Happening since October. Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, jenoak! It's important to send/receive your group messages normally, so thanks for reaching out. For further assistance, please check your private messages. -Tracy

0 Likes
jmcrabb

Was this fixed?  My son is having the same issue on his Samsung phone.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting your messages on a timely manner and would love to help. To better assist you, tell us a little more. What model is your son's device? What is the messaging app he is using? Is the device software up to date?

~Maria

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning! As a friendly reminder, we are just one message away. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Have a great day!

~Maria

0 Likes