Deleted text messages reappear/Zombie texts.
oxgara

I have a Kyocera S2720 , a month ago i received one text from a house flipper and deleted it. It came back with the same time and date signature. This has been going on since then.  I have deleted the text and it comes back. I have deleted the text , turned off the phone - and it comes back. Since this is a "new" flip phone I can't delete it and remove the battery. I have not downloaded any Apps onto the phone. Any Ideas?

Cheers ! 

Ox

0 Likes
Re: Deleted text messages reappear/Zombie texts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

oxgara, We want to ensure you can keep that pesky message from returning on your device. Accordingly, the next time it's received, please delete it and power off your phone. Then, remove and reinsert your SIM card as follows:  https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-214022/. Once you've reinserted it, power your phone back on and let us know if that behavior has stopped.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, oxgara! We know it is vital to manage your messages, and our goal is to help you in the best way we can. Can you please elaborate further? Is this the only message that this is happening to, or is it occurring with other messages? How exactly do you delete the message? 

0 Likes
jjoyes

Hi I saw this post and have the exact same issue with my phone. Its a Kyocera flip phone I have a message that I have deleted multiple times and it continues to come back. I have not downloaded any apps at all! I deleted the message took the above advice removed the sim and battery and the message still came back. How do I get RID of it??

0 Likes