Deleted texts come back numerous times
randallg

I have the S6 and when I delete a text messages they will return 2 or 3 different times over 24 hrs. This also happens on my wife's S6. Has anyone had this issue and if so, were you able to get it resolved?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Deleted texts come back numerous times
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

randallg -Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Resolving the text messaging issue you are having is our top priority. So that we can get to the bottom of the issue, you and your wife are having, I will need you to ask you some questions. When did this issue begin? What text message application are you using? Is it the yellow and white envelope named Messages or the red icon with 2 white conversation bubbles in the middlle named Message+. The last piece of information is crucial. Do you use the Verizon Cloud application to back up your devices?

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
randallg

The issue started the last week of July. We can delete texts and they will come back 1, 2 and 3 times over a short period of time (5 minutes to 2 hours) We will delete again and again with no results. We are using Message+ and do not back up our phones on the Cloud. We have had serious issues with the Cloud backing up our home computer and will not allow the Cloud to be activated on our devices. We will be heading to our local Verizon store in the next few days to see if they can help with this issue. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

randallg, thanks for providing that additional detail. I'm sure we can figure this out. Let's first start with the sync settings for your Message+ application, Please click the menu button in the Message+ application (3 lines in the upper left hand corner of the app) and then select Settings. Is the option to Sync Messages over Wi-Fi selected?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried using the other pre-installed messages app on the phone? If you delete from there do they come back? If you are not using the back up there aren't too many other features that Messages+ offers unless you do like I do and set an auto response when it connects to the car bluetooth.

0 Likes
randallg

No it's not...should it be? You never stated in your response whether it should or should not be.

0 Likes