Disable text scheduling
etch2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I doubt it I will ever use scheduling of a text message and find it cumbersome as a default. Didn't even realize it was scheduling messages.

Anyone know how to disable?

I have Samsung galaxy s5 if that makes any difference.

Thanx

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disable text scheduling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

etch - I can certainly assist you with how to remove those scheduled messages in your S5 device messaging application. The Verizon Messages application does not enable scheduled messages by default but you can schedule a message for a particular contact as needed. If you've mistakenly scheduled a message and wish to delete it, simply click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner or your main Conversations screen and tap on Scheduled Messages. Next, press on the trashcan to get a radio button placed after any and all messages that are currently scheduled. You can then press on Select All to check them all and then Delete to permanently remove them all. All messages sent after that will be sent in real time unless the Schedule Message option is chosen for a particular contact while composing a new message.  http://vz.to/1QOvm5M

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
etch2
Enthusiast - Level 3

When i hit send of a rext message. The scheduler,with time options pops up

I am not setting or  scheduling messages.  I want them to send when i hit send.

I don't  want to have to go into  the scheduled messages and hit send now

Thanx

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is odd etch2. Let's get to the bottom of this. Which text application are you using for your messages? Is it a 3rd party text application from the play store, Verizon Messages or a message application that came on your device? If it is one that came on your device, what does the messaging icon look like?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
etch2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using the VERIZON MESSAGES

When I hit the send 'arrow', a 'timer' pops up to allow me to set the schedule for the message.

Thanx for your help

PS, it just started this, maybe within the past week.

0 Likes
WS65711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like an answer to this question as well.  For the past week, if I linger ever so briefly on the "send" button when using Verizon Message+ while trying to send a text, the Message+ app jumps into this goofy worthless "schedule message" function.   I will NEVER use this "schedule message" function.  I want to turn it off, to completely disable it so that it does not cause me grief trying to get out of it an send my freakin' text immediately.  PLEASE tell me how to disable this function, or let me know that Verizon Message+ has become too bloated for it's own good and I should just find another messaging app to use.

etch2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanx for posting the same issue as me. 

I'll try to follow the responses, if any,you get.

ChazzerCat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. Same situation.  And in addition, texts that are scheduled, then i manually send them aren't going through. 

etch2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone seen a solution to the scheduling of text messages and how to disable the 'feature' from Verizon???

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you simply tap the send, it will send right away.  Press and hold the send button will allow you to schedule a later time to send.  This is a feature that many have asked for; I don't think you can totally disable it, just a lighter tap on the send button is needed.  Depending on the phone, you may be able to adjust the touch sensitivity of the screen as well.