Droid 4 Stuck on Droid Eye Screen Even After Full Data Wipe/Factory Reset
Hallry

So starting a few days ago, my Droid 4 started acting up. My wallpaper kept on being reset, and the notification bar kept on disappearing. Apps like Browser and Facebook kept on crashing, too. And then as of yesterday, my phone is getting stuck loading on the Droid Eye screen when I try to turn it on. I got it into Recovery Mode, wiped the cache partition, and that didn't work. I brought it a a nearby Wireless World, and the guy there suggested taking out the battery, before realizing that the battery is non-removable. So then he said my only real option was to wide data/factory reset, which I did, but it is still not loading past the Droid Eye. Anyone have any idea about what to do about this? My phone is completely stock, not rooted.

Sincerely,

Desperate College Student

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 Stuck on Droid Eye Screen Even After Full Data Wipe/Factory Reset
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Hallry,

Let's free your device! It's important to have a properly working device. Have you attempted an alternate Hard Reset on the device http://vz.to/19r2DOO? If the alternate Hard Reset does not work, then the device would need to be replaced. How long have you had this device? Any liquid or physical damage to the device? Keep me posted

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 Stuck on Droid Eye Screen Even After Full Data Wipe/Factory Reset
maniak330

I'm in the same boat. I have been using my girlfriend's Razr but I can't not have a keyboard any more. It just started doing it one night and I have never been able to retrieve it from the eye screen. I have factory reset and cleared the cache partition multiple times. I've powered it down for two months, not ten minutes, and it still does not want to come to life. I have never attempted to root it and it is as stock as it can be.

0 Likes