Droid DNA camera not working after KitKat update
efp1225
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have updated my Droid DNA to the latest KitKat update.  Now the camera doesn't open and says "Unable to start the camera".

has anyone else seen this?  Does anyone know ho to uninstall the update, or fix the issue.  I've tried third party camera apps and they all cant open the camera.

Thanks for any responses!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Droid DNA camera not working after KitKat update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try clearing the data and cache for the Camera app.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
efp1225
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried that and no success.  I've even reset to factory defaults and it didn't work.  the camera worked great before the upgrade Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to enjoy all those great features after the update efp1225! Are you having difficulties with any other apps? Tried testing in safe mode? http://vz.to/1g3i9mj

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
efp1225
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any app that uses the camera is having issues.  It does work every once in a while but once I close the camera app it stops working for a few hours then works again.  It seems like the camera app isn't releasing the resource once closed.

I have tried in safe mode and there is no difference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry your camera isnt working on your device efp1225. Have you performed a hard reset yet? Here are the steps http://vz.to/RM2KBN . Please keep us posted and make sure your phone is backed up so you are able to recover all your data.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
efp1225
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes  I have tried hard resetting the device multiple times.  It doesn't make a difference.  It will work for a short time and stop working for a long time.  It is extremely frustrating and I wish I had never upgraded to KitKat.  The Phone was working perfectly and now I cant take a picture when I want to.  The new features that the upgrade had are definitely not worth not having a camera.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

efp1225,

We absolutely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We want you to love your device! Is the device still covered under the manufacturers warranty? If so, as long as there is no physical/liquid damage, we can replace the device for you at no cost.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
efp1225
Enthusiast - Level 2

No it is not covered under the warranty.  I upgrade the phone with Verizon approved upgrade and it breaks my phone and i am told since it is outside of warranty I am out of luck. I have to live with a smart phone with no camera or pay a huge deductible to have my phone insurance cover it.  I just hope I'm not the only one with a camera problem so maybe HTC will provide another update to fix the camera.  Maybe some day I will have use of my camera again Smiley Sad

eeyore15301

Mine stopped working yesterday. I was hoping for a quick fix.

0 Likes