Re: Droid DNA camera not working after KitKat update
JohnSDawson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just did a factory reset (preferred method) and the camera still won't function. I tried it twice and it froze the first time and the second attempt caused the phone to auto-reboot.

It really sucks not being able to use my camera!

John

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This definitely sounds like a serious issue JohnSDawson! Do you recall the original purchase date of your device? Do you have insurance/extended warranty? Is there any physical damage to the device? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
JohnSDawson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know the purchase date and I don't have insurance. I just want the camera on the phone that I have to work! I imagine that there are thousands of people who are having the same problem.

John

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the need to have a working camera, JohnSDawson. If you head into an app that has access to your camera do you run into the same issue? ( ie, instagram )

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JohnSDawson
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I tried Google Camera and it behaves the same.

John

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the insight, John. I noticed that you've already completed a factory reset. When this was done were the apps auto loaded before you could retest the camera app? If so, please test the device in Safe Mode. http://vz.to/1ekk8qZ

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
JohnSDawson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just tried safe mode, with the same result (hangs and then auto-reboots). Then I uninstalled every app that has (or possibly has) camera functionality/interaction (Google Camera, Pixlr Express, etc.), and the result is the same.

John

JohnSDawson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem similar to this on the DNA.

http://bgr.com/2014/04/28/galaxy-s5-camera-failed-issue/

I say that because the first few times that I started the camera after the update it would show the camera POV, hang, throw an error message (something like "Unable to connect to camera") and then auto-reboot. Now the screen is just black and there is no error message, it just hangs and then auto-reboots.

John

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JohnSDawson lets get you running smoothly again! Has there been any physical/water damage?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
JohnSDawson
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, there is no damage.

John