Droid Eris Update
hpetty

Any idea when the eris will be getting the 2.1 update?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

hpetty wrote:

Any idea when the eris will be getting the 2.1 update?

If you'll do a search in the android forums section on here, you'll find people have already talked about this issue. You can read all about it. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
OsoPolar
What?!? Other people have been talking about this whole Eris 2.1 update thing-a-ma-jigger? Wow. I thought everyone was content with their lovely Sense UI on 1.5 ...afterall, people have been installing a port of the Sense UI onto their Droids. Yeah, I like to mix my sarcasm with **bleep** facts. What of it?
0 Likes
OsoPolar
P.S. I guess I need to read the posting rules a little closer next time. I had no idea a slightly inconsiderate form of the word ignorant was considered a word to be unprintable.
0 Likes
hpetty

It seems that you can not ask a simple question, without sarcasm as the response. I did look in the other forums and did not see a direct answer to my question. Appreciate all the help...not.

0 Likes
OsoPolar
I apologize that I offended you with my sarcasm. The fact is, not one person who is on this forum can give you a clear and concise answer to your question. This is due to the fact that we, as consumers, have not been given the information, and should there be any verizon employees scrolling through these forums, they are not at liberty to give out such information. I'm sorry that we don't have better answers for you, the reason we respond in sarcasm is due to our own jaded state of mind regarding any update expectations. It's coming, but who knows when? Being anxious, demanding, hopeful, or any bearing any other such emotion regarding this update has been wearying and seemingly worthless. You can take a leap of faith and pursue a leaked, sub-par copy of the Eris update off of many different forums, but these can potentially void your warranty, and from what I can tell, bring just as many problems as they do benefits. In my opinion, the best thing to do is enjoy your phone as is, and should that day finally arrive when you receive a notice advising you of an OTA update pending on your phone...jump for joy, because a day long awaited by many has finally come. People put so much weight on this update, you'd think it was life/situation/world changing. Which to be honest, it's not. Just something that's out there to look forward to that will *hopefully* cause us even greater enjoyment in our usage of the less-expensive, less-powerful, but far more attractive and user friendly Android product available from Verizon. (Yes I know, they all have their pro's and con's, no flame war, just personal opinion. k?)
0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

OsoPolar wrote:
You can take a leap of faith and pursue a leaked, sub-par copy of the Eris update off of many different forums, but these can potentially void your warranty, and from what I can tell, bring just as many problems as they do benefits.

Actually, I've not heard a single complaint from my wife since installing the 'second' leaked 2.1 to her Eris. It appears to be pretty bug-free, although I haven't spent alot of time with it myself. It does have alot of slick features though which "enhance the user experience" (and make me jealous). You're correct though about the potential warranty issues, which is exactly why I haven't installed it to my own Eris.

And to the O/P, you don't have to peruse this forum very long to see that your question has been asked far too many times already, hence the sarcasm from OsoPolar. Sorry that none of the answers are the one you're looking for, but the consistency of the answers that are there should tell you it's the only one we've got. You'll get it when you get it, just like the rest of us.

D Dave

0 Likes
Tatfreak

I know this is hearsay but I read in some forum(cant remember which one :smileysad:) that 2.1 should be out for us Eris owners in Approximately 2 or so weeks. Something about after all Moto Droids are updated then Verizon will be working on Eris updates. Hopefully this info I came across is true,but if not I will wait for the OTA update I don't wanna void the warranty on my Eris & besides if there are any bugs related to Eris & 2.1 they should be worked out on the final OTA. Shame Verizon or HTC cant give us a ballpark as to when we may be privileged to get it. Yes I know when people start throwing dates out and that said date isnt met people freak out and start demanding "WHERE IS IT!" but a little communication goes a long way when this amount of people are waiting for it to become a reality. They could easily say"We plan on but are not committed to this particular date for the OTA release of 2.1 pending any unforeseen complications thank you for your understanding"

Get on the bandwagon Verizon and communicate with your customers please!

0 Likes
carm218

I received the following response from HTC late last week.

Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support regarding your HTC Droid Eris.

I understand the importance in having the most recent updates for your device and I would be happy to assist you. The update for your device should be released by the end of April as an Over-The-Air update to your device. Once the update is available, you will receive a message asking if you would like to update your device. Due to the process it takes to create and release an update, I do not have an exact date on when the update will be released. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to contact HTC again by Email or you can dial 1-866-449-8358. We are open 7 days a week from 6 AM – 1 AM EST. You can also find useful information regarding your device as well as other HTC devices on our HTC Support Forums at: http://community.htc.com/na//htc-forums/f/default.aspx?tab=support.

Carmen, I would also like to invite you to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey at: http://survey.htc.com/worldwide/. Once again, thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support.

Thank You,
Stephanie
HTC Technical Support Team
www.htc.com/us
http://www.facebook.com/htc
https://twitter.com/htc

0 Likes
SoCal64
Enthusiast - Level 3
Phones due for 2.1

Motorola Droid - Rolling out ATM
Samsung Moment - Any Day (posted rumor by AndroidCentral)
Sprint HTC Hero - April 9th (posted rumor by Phandroid)
HTC Hero in UK/Europe- April16 (posted rumor by Phandroid)

We're all that's left....LMAO..how much longer could it be?

I would think the Eris should be getting it sometime this month...ya think? We might be last but they save the best for last
0 Likes