Droid Maxx 2 dead
kpbusen

Hi all, I have a week-old Maxx 2 that was functioning no problem.  Today I woke up, checked my email on my phone and got ready for the day.  About 30-40 minutes later I grabbed my phone, put it in my pocket and headed to my car to drive to work.  However in my car I noticed the Bluetooth was not connected so I took it out and glanced at the screen but all was blank and the device was not on!  I have tried powering up normally, plugging in then powering up normally, and the hard reset options of pressing "Power" and "Volume Down" at the same time....all to no avail.  Nothing even shows on the screen (no symbols or error messages).  Seems weird the phone was fine and then dead within a span of 30-45 minutes.

Do you think I have a dead battery?  Or could there have been a recent update that messed me up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx 2 dead
Klue
Master - Level 1

You can try charging it for a couple of hours then restarting.  If that fails and you are within your 2 week return window then you should take it back for an exchange.  Sounds like a hardware problem.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx 2 dead
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working phone is definitely a must so I completely understand your concern kpbusen. Lets get your phone back up and running.

Lets make sure the battery is fully charged. Have you tried charging the phone or attempted t turn it on while connected to the charger? Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the phone?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes