Droid Pro won't boot
Evil_Jeff

Hey all. I recently picked up a Droid Pro to play with at work. My boss took it last week, and returned it today with a problem. When you start the phone, just past the Motorola slash screen I get this:

Bootloader

Err:1B,00,02,00,00

Battery OK

OK to Program

Connect USB

Data Cable

If you plug it into something, the last two lines change to"

Transfer Mode:

USB

Nothing I do will get the phone any farther than this. I've gone into recovery mode, tried all the options, all with the same result. I've tried to download a couple different update.zip files, and when I run them I get an error about them not being signed. At the recovery home screen there are also errors stating /cache/recovery/command and /cache/recovery/caller cannot be found.

At this point I'm at a loss. I've tried everything I've come across, but the majority of the solutions I've seen are to just return the phone. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Pro won't boot
kneekahliss
Contributor - Level 1

Motorola's RSD lite software or take back for a new one

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

The Droid X and a majority of Android consumer devices on the market today have a secured bootloader.  

In reference specifically to eFuse, the technology is not loaded with the purpose of preventing a consumer device from functioning, but rather ensuring for the user that the device only runs on updated and tested versions of software.   If a device attempts to boot with unapproved software, it will go into recovery mode, and can re-boot once approved software is re-installed

You can try updating the software at the link below.

Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar.  

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4308

If that does not work you would want to have a store technician take a look at the device.

0 Likes
Crazy_Me_22

I had the same problem.  I did everything possible.  I had to go to the store and get a new one.  It might have been something you downloaded from the market.

0 Likes