Eligible for the free S2 promotion for S7 preorders?
PaulD127
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can anyone confirm if S7 preorders placed over the phone will in fact be eligible for the free S2 promotion?

I had tried unsuccessfully to order online on the Verizon site for several days on 3 different computers. It wouldn't let me complete the checkout. I called the order support number and the VZW rep I spoke with confirmed with his supervisor that I would still be eligible for the S2 promotion, even though I had to place the order over the phone. He said he found a policy that confirmed this, Document# 201612. He couldn't send me a copy of the document, but said I should be able to reference this document if there were any issues.

Does anyone on here have access to document# 201612?

Hopefully this doesn't become a huge pain, I'm worried about submitting my information for the S2, getting turned down, and then not even being eligible for the Gear VR or it selling out. Not sure how useful it would be, but I do have a recording of my conversations with them telling me this.

Whenever I tried to checkout, I just kept getting the greyed out screen below with three black circles flashing in progression. The number I called is in the top right of the image.

VZW checkout.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Eligible for the free S2 promotion for S7 preorders?
PaulD127
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, my preorder confirmation # is [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PaulD127
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support : can you help clarify this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PaulD127,

Upgrading is such an exciting time! We want all our customer to have an easy time when upgrading online. I want to apologize for the technical difficulties you experienced when trying to upgrade to the S7. At this time, the free S2 is only available when you order online or through our telesales department. Did you place the order through our telesales department or through regular customer service?

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PaulD127
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hopefully it was telesales, can you confirm?  I called the number next to "Need help ordering" in the screen shot from my frozen checkout screen.  1-800-775-8098.

VZW checkout.JPG

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the help you need. Did you get a confirmation number?

LauraL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PaulD127
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, my preorder confirmation # is [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Eligible for the free S2 promotion for S7 preorders?
eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

I am curious about the same thing......  used the number above 800-755-8098 but don't know if it was a "telesales" number,

in fact I have never seen any number listed as telesales,

so how would we know?

I thought the 922-0224 was general customer service number but never heard of a separate  telesales number .......

Is there a reason why this question from yesterday hasn't been answered yet?  The phone number called to place order after failed web order was posted clearly..........  1-800-775-8098

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

"At this time, the free S2 is only available when you order online or through our telesales department. Did you place the order through our telesales department or through regular customer service?

====""Need help ordering" in the screen shot from my frozen checkout screen.  1-800-775-8098."====

0 Likes
eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

what is the number for telesales?   How do I know if my order was placed through telesales to make my phone eligible for the s2 or was it placed through general customer support?  When I called 611 they transferred me to their department for phone orders when I asked for telesales to update my CC info no one could give me a number specifically for telesales, the one number I was given after calling 611 was no longer in service for telesales and when I tried the number that was listed on the web page I was trying to place my order the department was closed........  lol.....   Is it transferred to telesales through  922-0204   800-755-8098  -     877-807-4372   800 256 4646

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eddiechi - We want you to have the right number to reach our telesales department. I apologize for the inconvenience you had in getting the number. To reach our telesales department directly call 1-800-256-4646. They will be happy to assist.
JacobV_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes