Emails on Droid Pro
cheesehead04

I have my Hotmail sync to my Droid Pro, but I'm not receiving them as fast as I used to when I had my BB. Is this common or am I not setting it up right?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
kdzrnj
I went to the Verizon store then spoke to a Verizon rep on the phone both telling me the emails are not going to be instant like blackberry... I use my phone more for email than anything so it is a hard switch over to have a 15 minute delay in email (with fetch intervals only 15 minutes or more) I have aol mail but I even tried gmail thinking that would process better but didn't.
0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ya know, I thought the same thing (emails were not instant) But I have to say I have been using K9 mail and it sure seems to be instant.

I have signed up or changed info on accounts recently, Verizon being one, (I moved) and no sooner I hit send, I received an email notification on my phone that I had requested 'x' change.

You may want to try that program.

If you want to know my settings, let me know. Also, I do not see any battery degradation either as the program is not checking every so often. I also have 7 email accounts.

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

On the Droid you can change how often your email gets checked, The instructions to change this are listed below:

1. Menu
  2. Messaging
  3. Settings
  4. Email Settings
  5. Email Delivery
  6. Fetch Schedule
  7. Choose your option
  8. Exit

Once you have done this they will begin coming in on the set schedule.

0 Likes
shakes

When I get to Settings, I don't have an option of  Email Settings?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

shakes wrote:

When I get to Settings, I don't have an option of  Email Settings?

Go into mail program, THEN MENU>SETTINGS

0 Likes