Essential PH-1 Data works phone and messages do not
wilkinson10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been using my Essential PH-1 since 2018 or so till now.   About two weeks ago only the Verizon calls and Messages no longer worked.   Tried calling in and got to tier 2 but they do not have any cheat sheets on this phone.  Tried the airplane mode on and off, wifi/blue tooth resets, checked the Verizon code, bled battery down and recharged, turned off for a day,  had professional open and clean and look for issues and found none, bought a cheap same phone replacement and had same issue.  swapped Sim card, and even did a factory reset.  Odd thing factory reset works to allow calls and messages to come in allowing everything to work perfectly.  That is until i restart the phone then the same restriction on call and messages occur.  factory reset again and the call and the messages work fine again.  This issue appears to be verizon software setting that changes when restarting after factory reset.  Anyone have an opinion?

0 Likes
Re: Essential PH-1 Data works phone and messages do not
wilkinson10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just to Clarify I have had no issues with Installed apps.  Only the Verizon calls and the Messages to phone number.  

0 Likes
Re: Essential PH-1 Data works phone and messages do not
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us about your device. We will send a Private Note in order to obtain more information. *De'Aundrea

0 Likes