Even though I've set my email settings NEVER to delete from webmail - when I delete emails on my phone they are deleted from my server. how can i fix this?
techmysteries

Went several rounds with Verizon customer service this morning trying to fix this and nothing helped. I have set my phone email settings NEVER to delete emails from my server (RR) when I delete them from my phone - but they are still deleted. None of the hour plus of steps I went through with verizon customer service helped. Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Even though I've set my email settings NEVER to delete from webmail - when I delete emails on my phone they are deleted from my server. how can i fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

techmysteries, sorry for any confusion. Your e-mail setttings are designed to sync changes made on your device back to the server. As a result, if you delete an e-mail on your device, it will be automatically deleted from the server, as well. Which make/model phone do you have?

For more device support, click http://vz.to/1kDL3MI

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Even though I've set my email settings NEVER to delete from webmail - when I delete emails on my phone they are deleted from my server. how can i fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

techmysteries, sorry for any confusion. Your e-mail setttings are designed to sync changes made on your device back to the server. As a result, if you delete an e-mail on your device, it will be automatically deleted from the server, as well. Which make/model phone do you have?

For more device support, click http://vz.to/1kDL3MI

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
techmysteries

I have a Motorola Turbo Droid 4G - and your answer does not apply. I have set the phone email setting to never delete email from the server when I delete it from the phone, but it still does. I spent 2 hours on Verizon customer service trying to resolve this and it was not resolved. The device support link you provide does not address this. Is there some sort of upgrade coming that will take care of this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to offer you the right features on your device! Does the email register as a POP3 or IMAP account?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes