Ever since the Oreo update my Samsung S7 will not send MMS messages with pictures or GIF. Anyone else have the problem?
MALMET31

Ever since the Oreo update my Samsung S7 will not send MMS messages with pictures or GIF. Anyone else have the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ever since the Oreo update my Samsung S7 will not send MMS messages with pictures or GIF. Anyone else have the problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're very sorry to learn about the difficulty you've experienced since completing your update. We never want an update to detract from your cellular experience. Please explain what happens when you attempt to send one of these messages. Any error messages you see will also be helpful to know.

Eric_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Ever since the Oreo update my Samsung S7 will not send MMS messages with pictures or GIF. Anyone else have the problem?
MALMET31

Yes, the message merely says "sending" and never sends the message no

matter how long I wait. It then times out and I delete the message.

Malon [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MALMET31,

Thank you for the information you supplied us with. I'm eager to help you with this issue. Please allow me to ask a couple of questions. What messaging application are you using? Are you having any other issues with MMS or SMS messages? Please clarify for us. 

Christina_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MALMET31

I am currently using Google messages, however; I have tried a host of

others including the stock Samsung with the same issue. SMS messages are

working fine. No MMS messages are going through. It just times out and says

"Try to send again". As I stated this all started with the Oreo update.

Malon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow, MALMET31. We know how important these messages are to you. We always want you to be able to use this feature. Let's try some troubleshooting to see if we can resolve this issue. Have you ever been able to send MMS messages through any of the messaging apps?

Dia_VZW

0 Likes