Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 kindle app crashing
Entilzha_Pryde

Verizon just started carrying the samsung galaxy tab s3 9.7, so i activate my amazon account on the kindle and alexa apps. First couple of days no problem. Then comes an automatic update.

Now the kindle app is completely useless. Constantly crashing.

Things i have tried....

Restart tablet, no change.

Force stop/clear cache app, no change.

Uninstall/re-install app, no change.

Version of app works solid on my old galaxy note pro 12.2 so it has to be something with the tab s3.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 kindle app crashing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use all your apps with your devices is essential. Thank you so much for all the steps you have tried so far. You mentioned an automatic update on the tablet. Was this update for the app or the software on the device? When the app crashes, does it display an error message or any indication that it stopped working?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Entilzha_Pryde

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Being able to use all your apps with your devices is essential. Thank you so much for all the steps you have tried so far. You mentioned an automatic update on the tablet. Was this update for the app or the software on the device? When the app crashes, does it display an error message or any indication that it stopped working?

NicoleB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

The app updated as the version shipped preloaded on the tablet was not most recent. It was just a fluke, as i usually turn off auto updates so i can save space on unit, and bandwidth.

When the app crashes, it only gives me a small window allowing feedback or restart app.

No crash error, or cause.

I have noticed, if i can get into a book, the app is stable. But ifbi try to use the app gui at all, it crashes. So if i try to search for a book, or author, crash the app it goes.

Which means i can only read books that are newest to my tablet. Very frustrating, when you want to go back to the first book in a trilogy to read a passage, you can not access said book easily.

Have posted problem on amazon forum, user there said thier wifi tab s3 does not exhibit similar behavior.

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully we can rectify this issue.

AQP

0 Likes
Entilzha_Pryde

Entilzha.Pryde wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

NicoleB_VZW

The app updated as the version shipped preloaded on the tablet was not most recent. It was just a fluke, as i usually turn off auto updates so i can save space on unit, and bandwidth.

When the app crashes, it only gives me a small window allowing feedback or restart app.

No crash error, or cause.

I have noticed, if i can get into a book, the app is stable. But ifbi try to use the app gui at all, it crashes. So if i try to search for a book, or author, crash the app it goes.

Which means i can only read books that are newest to my tablet. Very frustrating, when you want to go back to the first book in a trilogy to read a passage, you can not access said book easily.

Have posted problem on amazon forum, user there said thier wifi tab s3 does not exhibit similar behavior.

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully we can rectify this issue.

AQP

I just noticed in the feedback window, that the "include system info" was hyperlinked.

It has a crash memo that provides cause of "android.os.TransactionTooLarge"

0 Likes
ilperez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wasn't able to find much on the error but this...

TransactionTooLargeException | Android Developers

Since this is just the Kindle App, I would uninstall the app, and then install it. Sometimes, updates to the app do not take well. The uninstall and reinstall fixes the issue.

Let us know if how this works out?

0 Likes