GalaxyNote2 storage restrictions make this device unusable
vzwrlss

I waited months for a 32-64gb version of the Note2 to be released but finally gave up...   And then, after purchasing the 16gb version I learn that I can no longer install apps directly to an SD card. I'm stunned Google would restrict SD app installation in this manner.  I may have to shift to another device/OS if I can't free a substantial amount of room on the Note2.

No, I'm not an app junkie.  I simply want to move games, GoogleCurrents, etc to my now-empty 64gb SD card.

Over "6gb" of "Miscellaneous" files which cannot be viewed or cleared or deleted?  Is this the OS?  Is this bloatware?  Painful.  You cannot easily determine what these files are nor are you given an option to clear/delete them. 

Also, FYI:  Spotify no longer allows SD file downloads so if you want any music stored offline it can only be saved to internal memory (further exacerbating the problem.)

So much for Android being an open/modifiable OS.  Very disappointed --- 

Perhaps I'm wrong about all/some of this --- I hope so...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: GalaxyNote2 storage restrictions make this device unusable
djmok
Enthusiast - Level 2

vzwrlss,

Have you tried an App2SD application yet?  I use one myself and I am able to move most everything I want to, there are a couple of apps that just will not allow it.  I went to the Google Play Store and just searched App 2 SD and there are a multitude of apps out there that actually allow this.

I hope this will allow you to accomplish what it is you are trying to do.

Cheers

0 Likes