GalaxyS4, HTC ONE or RAZR?
Sandi01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently switched from the RAZRM (previously had and shattered the original RAZR, my husband has the RAZR MAXX) to the Galaxy S3 - and I noticed a considerable loss of reception and lack of connectivity - even dropped calls from my house. We do not have the best cell reception here, but I did not have these issues with the RAZR's. I also noticed when I got off my bike in a remote area, I was able to use the Google maps with the RAZR, whereas the Galaxy S3 was not able to find my location. It took several days for it to discover my location when I first turned it on at home, and I do have Wi-Fi, which the phone seems to struggle with as well.

With this in mind, I am due for an upgrade and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Galaxy S4 or the HCT One-and has an opinion on connectivity issues with these phones. I lam wondering if I should just keep my RAZR M - although I love the bigger screen on the Galaxy - I can't sacrifice connection.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: GalaxyS4, HTC ONE or RAZR?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are all pretty fantastic devices, Sandi01. Each manufacturer does make the device and antenna placement a bit different, so sometime you may notice a slight difference in reception between devices based on a case you may purchase, the use of hands-free devices, or sometimes even the way you hold the phone. But there certainly shouldn't be so significant a difference that you experience this much trouble with an awesome new device. Try http://vz.to/V5RXCf to refresh your S3 connection to our network. Do you seem to receive error messages with the WiFi troubles you mentioned? Is the trouble on when connecting to your home WiFi?

If you recently switch and are still within the 14 day Worry Free guarantee http://bit.ly/IeiJI you can return the phone to the place you purchased it at for a different model or even the same model but working replacement.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: GalaxyS4, HTC ONE or RAZR?
freddyttt
Enthusiast - Level 3

many x S3 and S4 owners that switched from that device to the HTC ONE have reported better overall connection. some even say they get a connection where the other phone did not-

good luck-

0 Likes