Gizmo Hub Does not Provide "Gizmo Buddy" Option for Gizmo 2 Watch
eq46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Gizmo Hub does not provide an option to select "Gizmo Buddy". The only options provided in "Permissions" are 1) No Permission 2) Calling Contact 3) Caregiver 4) Guardian. The Gizmo Hub and Gizmo Watch 2 are both up to date on software. How do I fix this in Gizmo Hub to enable the ability to add a Gizmo Buddy for texting between two watches? #gizmohub #gizmobuddy

0 Likes
Re: Gizmo Hub Does not Provide "Gizmo Buddy" Option for Gizmo 2 Watch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to help with questions and concerns. Let's get started. Based on a previous forum with the same concern, entering each kid watch as a new contact with different name instead of adding contact from my contact list worked for another Gizmo Hub user Correct Answer: Gizmo Watch won't add other gizmo watch as buddy - Page 2 - Verizon Community -Corey

0 Likes
eq46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Corey @vzw_customer_support I already read that forum and I tried adding as a new contact under a different name. It did not work. Please advise a next step. Thank you!

0 Likes
eq46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well just like other people have said, I got on the phone with a "Level 2 support" person and she said for me to text her when I have both the watch and phone side by side and she would call me back. No reply. I'm wishing that I did not give her the 5 star rating on the "how would you rate your experience" question after I talked to her.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the reply. We want to make sure that all the features are working. Since this has become an issue, have you tried to factory reset the watch and try to add the Gizmo Buddy? https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-229652/

-Kevin

0 Likes
eq46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Kevin. @vzw_customer_support I have not. I assumed that if I do a factory reset I will have to enter all of Petra's contacts again and they will then have to set up their phones again. Is that correct?

0 Likes
eq46
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support  I have done a factory reset on the watch. It did not work. There is still no option to add a gizmo buddy. Please advise a next step. Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We sincerely apologize that you did not receive the callback that you were told you were to get.  Please know we do not want you to be left high and dry with device issues, we are here for you and want to help get your issue resolved.  Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can assist? 

*Lisa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eq46, a Factory Reset does clear all data on the watch itself, however the contacts should still be present on the Gizmo Hub app. 

*Joshua

0 Likes
badgizmo

Frankly, I am blown away at how bad the gizmowatch is.  I have two of them (new). 

To start, the physical devices are different (one has buttons on the left and the other on the right, and the start-up routine is different too.   Not a big deal but just shows how poor the quality control is.

More importantly, both the new GizmoWatchand GizmoHub have terrible software.  How can the barcode on the back of the devices not be recognized by the GizmoHub when pairing, prompting a "This device is not a Gizmo..." error message.  After 20+ times I finally got the 2nd watch to pair; the first paired in 5 times.

Now I'm trying to have the two watches communicate as Gizmo Buddies.  I've tried creating contacts for both and can see the contacts in each watch, however, neither can send/receive calls or texts.  Also, only one contact will show as a Gizmo Buddy, the other needs to be a Contact (Guardian, Calling Contact, or No Permission).

I've tried every combination and nothing works.  Also, as others have stated, if you create a new contact, it will send an invite, which the GizmoWatch can't accept.  

To add to the mess, Verizon Text and Phone Support is hopeless. They don't know anything about these devices.  

Unreal.

0 Likes