Google account sync issues after update
psudrumjas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated my G3 to lollipop using the software updater.  Pretty much everything seems fine except Google account push notifications, like for new mail in Gmail, when connected using wifi.  I tried most everything, including a factory reset, but the problem remains. 

Anyone solve this?

Thanks for any help!

John

Labels (2)
Re: Google account sync issues after update
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

This is a known issue since it's been a bug in all of the test builds they have pushed out. All google services lose automatic syncing capability on wifi. LG knows about it but hasn't come out with an update yet for it.

0 Likes
psudrumjas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the info!  It seems crazy that such a bug wouldn't get fixed asap.

0 Likes
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

It is insane that they would push this update out without Google wifi syncing working properly.

0 Likes
MattAndroidWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hangouts won't accept incoming sms, or phone calls either because of this bug. 

0 Likes
Razo_SE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone tried enabling Roaming Data?  You're not really roaming but enabling this setting worked for me when trying to send pics and vids via Messaging app when using WiFi.

0 Likes
psudrumjas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have a problem with hangouts & sms.  I do have issues with it over wifi.

I tried the roaming data idea, but it didn't seem to help.

0 Likes
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

It has to due with the wifi syncing issue that Verizon didn't care about. They pushed out the update to everyone while knowing that there was this big wifi syncing bug. They knew about it weeks ago and submitted it to LG but still pushed out the update over OTA because they will get more money from you using their 4g or 3g instead of you using wifi. Don't put your phone into safe mode either because that will wipe out your widgets, default keyboard, and default sms app.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
krusej23, your wireless sanity is important to us. What happens when you try to connect to Wi-Fi on your device? Please provide more details so that we can further assist you here.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
psudrumjas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I started this thread, I'll interject here.  In my experience the lollipop-updated G3 has no issues connecting to wifi as such.  The issue is that while connected to wifi, push notifications for Google services such as Gmail (notifications of incoming emails) and Hangouts (notifications of incoming messages) aren't received by the G3.  When connected via 3G or 4G, such notifications are received.  Evidently this has been a known issue with 5.0.1. I think it was just hoped that it would have been fixed before the release of lollipop 5.0.1 by Verizon Wireless for the G3.