Re: Google account sync issues after update
Julianne1030
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does this issue resolve if you disconnect Wi-Fi and use mobile internet?

Mintedroyal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded "Aqua Mail" from the Play store.  It somehow is able to do push notifications for GMail after the update.  I hope this helps you as much as it did me, until they get the who push notifications patched/fixed, this is a work around.

0 Likes
Mintedroyal
Enthusiast - Level 2

According the what I have been hearing 5.1 is out and I cannot imagine LG not pushing it out to the carriers.  I am sure Verizon is again, sitting on the update and putting their own touches on it, as they do with any update/patch

0 Likes
bslu

I was able to have Verizon send me a replacement that luckily still had KitKat installed. I would try to call them and go this route.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Anyone having trouble with their contacts not syncing with google (Sync has encountered a problem and will be available shortly) might have to delete their ICE contacts in the contacts screen.

0 Likes
Sharon33
Enthusiast - Level 2

bslu, didn't the phone want to upgrade the OS after you turned it on? I just got my LG G3 a month ago, and the very first thing it wanted to do was update the OS with a KitKat update. Are you just using your phone with an older version of KK? I was concerned that there might be issues with doing that.

The Verizon tech I talked to yesterday didn't seem aware of how he could get me a new phone, even though I proposed that as a solution. I also was pressing for him to find a way to flash me back to KK but he didn't seem to know how to do that either.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Flashing would involve a warranty void.

0 Likes
bslu

It popped up as for me to download and install but I declined and now it does not show up at all.  I can always go to the software update setting and install it if I needed to. I am on 4.4.2.  The time of when I got my replacement phone and when the update came out was only a few days so I do not think they had upgraded all of their factory replacement stock yet.

I had told them to either A) allow me to go over my data limit without additional cost or B) send me a replacement.

0 Likes
Sharon33
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I asked the tech yesterday to let me get a replacement he said he didn't know that he could do that, and also that by now he couldn't guarantee that a replacement wouldn't have Lollipop on it.  I did ask him when we could expect 5.1 and he said they don't tell the techs things like that. I don't know how to reach someone else at Verizon who could answer these questions for us.

0 Likes
dglock

I had same issues here ...Went to verizon and bitched about the issue and they sent me a new phone overnight .The new one has kitkat..No more problems !!!!Sent old phone back in 5 days which they paid for all shipping.There is no fix for this and they didnt know how soon a fix will come..

0 Likes