Hello, I own a Galaxy Note 3, and the screen just busted for the second time this week...
steele1327
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Ok. If you read the title, it is the reason I am completely done with this phone, and honestly Verizon is extremely expensive. My contract ends on March 11th, 2016 and I do not want to go into another contract with Verizon (personal choice and massive budget overhauls). How do I cancel the contract after my date has passed? It should be an automatic ending of the contract, I know, but since I do not want to continue with this service, how do I make sure it is canceled? I also have a data overage charge. Will this have to be paid at the time of the contract ending? I am also looking at prepaid phones. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hello, I own a Galaxy Note 3, and the screen just busted for the second time this week...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hold the phone steele1327. We are here to help put the pieces back together again. It would sadden us to hear you want to go. Allow us a chance to help turn things around We will send a private message to better assist you.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Hello, I own a Galaxy Note 3, and the screen just busted for the second time this week...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The contract automatically switches to a month to month contract after the two year contract term is completed. If you want to keep the number, you need to initiate a port of the number to your new carrier after the contract date and before the end of the billing cycle in which the contract date occurs. For example, if your billing cycle date is on the 16th of every month, you need to port the number after March 11th and before the 16th. You won't be prorated for the portion of the billing cycle you don't use and you need to be sure you paid the bill for the current billing cycle.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes