How Do I Change The Alarm Tone on an LG G4?
TJ311
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello. I just got my G4 yesterday and was setting up the alarm clock so I would wake up for work this morning. I've noticed that there is no option to change the alarm tone. Is this a bug in the new OS? If I go to the "timer" page, it does have an alarm tone option there. It's running Android 5.1. Peculiar. Also note... I have the GPad X83 and it has the exact same issue. I need a louder alarm tone!!! Please help!

screenshot.png

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How Do I Change The Alarm Tone in LG G4???
TJ311
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes finally got it changed. Once you set the alarm time, you can scroll down below the Repeat section (that shows the days in square boxes). You scroll down below that area. But for some reason, it won't actually scroll unless you put your finger below that faint horizontal line. Very weird. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Do you use an alarm widget? Have you tried looking in various other places? Like sounds or notifications? Or under the alarm when you set it?

0 Likes
TJ311
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried everything you mentioned. I even went back to the Verizon Wireless store where I purchased the phone. They scratched their head and had no idea. They tried to get a hold of the LG rep to ask him but he didn't answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Not sure what the alarm app looks like on your phone, but when you select the alarm (as if you were setting the time) right under the days of the week used to set the repeat, should be a little alarm icon, with the tone name next to it.  Or, you always have the option to install a different alarm app from the Play Store that has the funtionality that you want.

Ringgolian
Enthusiast - Level 1

You have to scroll down when editing or creating an alarm.  Took me a while to find this because at first attempt the app would not scroll down

TJ311
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks so much!!! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
TJ311
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks so much!! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
RWF59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Were you able to change your alarm tone on the new G4? I've played with it and still see no way to change it. Any suggestions ?

0 Likes
TJ311
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes finally got it changed. Once you set the alarm time, you can scroll down below the Repeat section (that shows the days in square boxes). You scroll down below that area. But for some reason, it won't actually scroll unless you put your finger below that faint horizontal line. Very weird. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

A New Phone is Always exiting to Get or Receive.  And learning it with some Helpful Tools can come in handy..

Here some Info for you LG G4 Via these Helpful Links Verizon & LG  the Last Link is the G4's User Manual it Consist of 198 Pages this PDF Manual Can be Zoomed in to Read a Bit Better.. Hope this Helps Enjoy your New G4 B33

LG G4 Support | Verizon Wireless

Discover the LG G4 – Release Date, Specs & Where to Buy | LG USA

http://s7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/LG/LG%20G4/Userguides/smart-lg-g4-ug.pdf

0 Likes