How can I get my Backup PIN number?
joeh1101

My phone is locked and asking for a ""Backup PIN number", and I've never set one up, nor did I even know I was supposed to.  My phone allows only ten tries, so I spoke to Verizon support ( by phone), and was given several codes to try.  None worked, and I am down to one try left (afraid to try another one). I never set up a PIN and am being asked to provide it.  Verizon rep at a store told me I will have to buy a new phone, and that it is impossible to recover my contacts (several years worth).  I find this hard to believe.  Am I the only guy who ever forgot (or didn't know he even had) a PIN number??  Seriously, is there any way to do this?  I don't mind buying a new phone, but I have to recover my contacts.  My phone is an LG Vista, and the screen message is:  "To unlock, enter your backup PIN".   Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I get my Backup PIN number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can imagine how frustrated you must be. The only recommendation I can make at this point is to complete a factory reset. However, if you have not previously backed up your contacts, you would lose the information.

DeannaL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes