How do I change the notification sounds on an HTC Desire 626?
ecliptik

This phone came with Lollipop, and I've seen all over the place that Lollipop still has issues... Hopefully I can get an answer here.                                             I go to settings>Sound & Notification, and it shows that I changed the sound to something different, but every time I get a text, it still plays that annoying

default Lilac sound. I've tried many different methods... Making sure that the sound I want to use is in internal storage, and not SD card. All the sounds play fine when selecting them. Volume is up. Not a clue what's going on.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I change notification sound HTC Desire 626
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want you annoyed with a default notification tone, ecliptik. I appreciate all the details you've provided, as it helps clarify exactly what's going on.

Are you using the Verizon Messages + application? If so, please try opening your Messages application> select Menu, (upper right 3 lines)> Tone> select the tone you want> OK. Then see if you're messages notification sound changes.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want you annoyed with a default notification tone, ecliptik. I appreciate all the details you've provided, as it helps clarify exactly what's going on.

Are you using the Verizon Messages + application? If so, please try opening your Messages application> select Menu, (upper right 3 lines)> Tone> select the tone you want> OK. Then see if you're messages notification sound changes.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Kibadawolf93
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good Day Ecliptik, in regards to the sound being not concurrent with the changed sound what application are you looking to change the notification sound in? If a messenger app you will want to click on the Vertical triple dot button so that you may adjust the sounds for an individual application. The default tone is only applying to an app that would access the default tone for the device.

0 Likes