How do I get a sim tray for a z3v?
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

My 4-year old phone is about to konk out, so I have acquired a z3v to hold me over until Verizon decides what to do with the z5 (or beyond).

PROBLEM: I need to get a nano-sim to activate the phone, but there is no "tray" in the z3v's slot to hold the sim.

This should be a simple thing -- order a $5 (or less) part SOMEWHERE and then drop by a Verizon store (in my case an independent Verizon dealer since the nearest corporate store is over 3 hours away) to get the sim (they charge about 5 bucks for that). BUT.....

I see LOTS of people selling the tray for a (non-Verizon) z3, but NOBODY is selling one for the z3v.  And they're NOT interchangeable (according to all of the on-line discussion I see).

HOW DO I GET ONE?   I'm getting desperate to activate this phone before my old one is completely dead......

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get a sim tray for a z3v?
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

No response out of Verizon.... 

But Sony was nice enough to respond in a reasonable way:

"Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia™ Online Support.

We are sorry to hear that you lost your SIM card tray In this case you can call our repair center to create a concession and provide you a new one, you can contact us at 1-866-766-9374."

Wouldn't it be cool if Verizon treated their Sony phone customers with such respect?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

No response out of Verizon.... 

But Sony was nice enough to respond in a reasonable way:

"Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia™ Online Support.

We are sorry to hear that you lost your SIM card tray In this case you can call our repair center to create a concession and provide you a new one, you can contact us at 1-866-766-9374."

Wouldn't it be cool if Verizon treated their Sony phone customers with such respect?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You choose the best path to getting a replacement SIM card tray. Even customers who were having issues with the SIM card tray on the HTC phones were directed to contact HTC directly for the replacement tray.

FYI this is a peer to peer customer forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. Posts here are not immediately replied to by either the community members or the occasional VZW reps that monitor unanswered questions pushed to reading queue for them. Since you just posted your question yesterday, it could have been another 24 hours or more before your post cycled to the top of the reps queue.

If you wanted immediate answers, then a call to the Customer Support number at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or or *611 from your phone would have likely gotten you the same solution you came up with on your own.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

No need to lecture about what a "community" is --- I've been involved in them since the early internet days.  Verizon is a hugely profitable company that SHOULD be striving to service their customers quickly by all paths available.  Their utter contempt for this vehicle is pretty obvious to anyone who ventures in here.  There's no defending that behavior.

0 Likes