Re: How do i delete autofill from my calendar or a specific piece of content?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fred E,

Try this - Go to Settings (the gear icon), then Applications, then Application Manager.  Swipe screens to the left  till you are at the ALL listing (Dowloaded, SD Card, Running, ALL) and then scroll down till you see Calendar, and Calendar storage.  Tap and you will see the option  to Clear cache.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
fredman1

That actually worked!

With one problem - it erased everything - all calendar

entries as well, but oh well, it gave me a warning telling me

it was going to do that.

All I wanted to do was clear autofill data, it looks like there

is no way to do just that.... oh well.

0 Likes
fredman1

But seriously, is there a way to just delete only the auto-fill data? I don't really care to wipe out the entire calendar and all entries into it.

Anybody?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmm, thinking about this a bit more - the auto-fill may be coming from your keyboard settings.  Try going to Settings > Language and Input > Keyboard and see what options you have for the keyboard you are using.

0 Likes
RHooperFF
Enthusiast - Level 1

To delete the autofill you have to go back to the previous date where you used that name for the event. Eg "Tom's surgery" comes up for every time you start typing Tom when all you want to do is input his work schedule or basketball games or something. Go back to the original event and delete it. Delete Tom's surgery and it will no long come up.

A secondary suggestion, if it's an event you dont want to delete but still dont want to have be predictive put a character like * or $ in front of it and it will stay on the calendar.

I know it's literally 7 years later. But I still had this problem today and there is still no answer and no easier way to do this listed anywhere on the internet. So here you go for the random person searching this in the next seven more years.