How many messages can I store with basic Visual Voice Mail?
jkatz419

I have been a Verizon customer for a few years, and recently switched to an Android phone (was using an iPhone).  I understand that the free basic Visual Voicemail provided by Verizon gives me 20 messages.  Do I have to manually delete them to stay under that number or will Verizon automatically delete old ones for me?

I ask because people trying to leave me voicemail are getting an error that my mailbox is full.  I never had this issue with the iPhone, it uses Apple servers for the voicemail and I think it would automatically delete old messages to stay under the limit.  If I now have to manually delete voicemail that's OK, I just want to make sure there isn't something wrong with my account.  FYI I'm not interested in using a 3rd party app for voicemail, like Google Voice.  I want to use the VZW app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZW Visual Voicemail vs Apple Visual Voicemail Question...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jkatz419,

That's a great question and we're happy to help out with your transition in devices. With Basic Visual Voicemail you would indeed have a 20 message voice mailbox. This would definitely account for the message you may be receiving in regards to a full inbox. In this case you have nothing to worry about in regards to your account and how it would currently be set up.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: VZW Visual Voicemail vs Apple Visual Voicemail Question...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jkatz419,

That's a great question and we're happy to help out with your transition in devices. With Basic Visual Voicemail you would indeed have a 20 message voice mailbox. This would definitely account for the message you may be receiving in regards to a full inbox. In this case you have nothing to worry about in regards to your account and how it would currently be set up.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes