How to disable Voice Mail app
five4fisticuffs

I just upgraded to a Moto Z Force Droid.  I use Google Voice, and have configured all of the call-forwardings but I cannot disable the Verizon Voice Mail app.  I had no problems doing this previously on my Droid Maxx and Turbo.  I blocked Visual Voicemail Basic and Premium, but that hasn't helped any.  Thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to disable Voice Mail app
sturner888
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I looked into this a couple years ago, I was told there was no way to do it via the phone, but that Customer Service could disable it from their end. They did, and I've been happy ever since! Before I retired, it seemed that my organization lived and died by voice-mail. I got tired of coming into work and having 50+ new messages to deal with, so I swore I'd never use it after I retired!  . . . My own little Boycott!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the Visual Voicemail feature blocked on my account and I don't get any notifications about it.  You can't disable the application on the phone, but it shouldn't be actively running if you are not opening it.  You can remove the shortcut from your homescreen though.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Using the voice mail product of your choice is important, five4fisticuffs. Ann154 gave you some great ideas that we'd like to add onto. You can disable applications from your device easily by going through the steps in this link: http://spr.ly/6580B7w5u; Please keep us posted.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Using the voice mail product of your choice is important, five4fisticuffs. Ann154 gave you some great ideas that we'd like to add onto. You can disable applications from your device easily by going through the steps in this link: http://spr.ly/6580B7w5u; Please keep us posted.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

That would be great if one could actually disable the Voice Mail application on the Verizon Wireless phones. I have checked to see if I could disable the Visual Voice Mail application on multiple phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Ann154,

We apologize for any misunderstandings. Many apps are able to be disabled using the steps found here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205210/ Some applications can be crucial to the proper operation of the phone and would not be able to be disabled.

To five4fisticuffs,

I hope you are enjoying your new Moto Z Force Droid. What specific concerns are you experiencing with the Visual Voicemail app on your phone?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would still want the Voicemail completely removed from the phone and a universal app housed on the Google Play Store so those that want to use it including the customers with compatibale unlocked devices can chose to download the application and subscribe to the visual voicemail.

For those that don't or can't like the prepaid phones, the application is off their phone and they don't have to be nagged by a notification to subscribe to or have to block the feature on their account.

Personally I still think how the voicemail app was done originally on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus with a separate download from the Play Store was how it should be done for all the phones on the Verizon Wireless network.  If the customer wanted to use Visual Voicemail they had to install it on the Galaxy Nexus.

0 Likes
sturner888
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I looked into this a couple years ago, I was told there was no way to do it via the phone, but that Customer Service could disable it from their end. They did, and I've been happy ever since! Before I retired, it seemed that my organization lived and died by voice-mail. I got tired of coming into work and having 50+ new messages to deal with, so I swore I'd never use it after I retired!  . . . My own little Boycott!

0 Likes
mmsquinn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was  just able to disable voice mail by accessing the following link:

https://myvpostpay.verizonwireless.com/ui/acct/secure/productApps/change/sfo80091

I waited on hold for 45 minutes; finally the disable was confirmed.

0 Likes
mmsquinn
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
mmsquinn
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes