How to upgrade the LG K20V android phone
djfro5

After being a Tracfone customer for many, many years, I finally decided to move up to a "big boy" phone. I purchased the LG K20V from a Verizon store a few months ago, and it was running Nougat 7.0. I'm not well versed on the newest programs but I know that over the past few months, Android has released Nougat 7.1.2 and also Oreo 8.0. I have used the update feature on my phone (just this afternoon) but my software info still shows I have Nougat 7.0. I thought that with android phones through a carrier like Verizon, they would automatically update your phone when a new update was released (this was the problem I had with Tracfone in that I had Android Marshmallow 6.0 and the only way I could update my program was to buy a newer phone).

Should I assume that since my LG K20V has not updated to 7.1.2 or 8.0 that I'm stuck with Nougat 7.0 on my phone? I moved from Tracfone because I was tired of purchasing a new phone every time I wanted to update from 6.0 to 7.0 or 8.0. It would be disappointing to have this same scenario with the LGK20V and any updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to upgrade the LG K20V android phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m excited to see you made the change to become our valued customer, djfro5. We work really hard with manufacturers and system developers, such as LG and Google, to get you the best update experience possible to that you can continue to enjoy the network we work so hard to provide you. Not every device receives the same Android update at the same time, and we do make sure that there has been thorough testing for you before it’s released. Right now, the LG K20V still has Nougat software but any changes to that will be posted at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-k20v-update/ as well as sent directly to your phone for an over-the-air software update. When you go into Settings > About Phone > Software information, do you see Software Version VS50113A? Is everything working well on your K20 V with the Nougat software?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes