I can no longer access my old LG V30 after activating my LG V60!!
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I don't know how it happened. I suspect something Verizon did during the activation process. But my old V30 will no longer let me access it with the swipe pattern I have been using for years. I know Verizon has something to do with this because a similiar issue happened with my wife's phone. We called to troubleshoot it and when we rebooted the phone (per the agent's request) she was no longer able to use her swipe pattern temporarily. After a couple of hours it suddenly worked for her again. However I need certain data from this phone ASAP (work related reasons) and need Verizon to explain how this could happen and fix it!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can no longer access my old LG V30 after activating my LG V60!!
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

Looks like I failed unlocking 10 times now my phone is reset. I cannot express how angry and confused I am. I have had 3 LG phones (5 or 6 years) where I have used the SAME exact pattern on each phone. The LG V30 even has a feature will it will require you to unlock with pattern (even if you use fingerprint or Face ID) weekly so that you don't forget. I did not change the pattern, install any new apps, and used the pattern yesterday - no issues! I still demand an explanation on how Verizon had the ability to change my lock screen pattern. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There is no reason your service should affect your device this way. Though, we are happy to troubleshoot with you. To allow us to do so, please reach out to us at 1-800-922-0204, or @VZWSupport on Twitter or Faccebook.

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Were you able to contact us before this happened, JoeMikeKnight?

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

No, you had just closed when this happened and I needed important files for work. I work overnight so this just amplified my issues and urgency. I cant what I lost back but I need to figure out how this happened or at least figure out if Verizon can control these things to watch out for it later if I ever make another change. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, JoeMikeKnight. I understand this is important for you. Our network does not control the Screen Lock feature, and this is a feature on the device. If you are Microsoft Exchange / Corporate sync this feature may be impacted, and you can find more information on this link. http://spr.ly/66051fxXl Were you using these features on this device? Currently, what do you see on the screen?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I see a setup prompt. There is no point, the data is lost. And if you think I had something to do with this that's even more disturbing. 

0 Likes