I had my LG Ally replaced 4 times.....
shortstuff2

My Ally was replaced 4 times and I still have the same problem. It keeps shutting off and on and I have to keep refreshing to get my emails or gmails. Customer service is giving me a hard time to replace it with another comparable phone. Im already disgusted with the Ally. I left Tmobile for this headache....Any suggestion on what to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
25 Replies
rcschnoor
Legend

dashrom wrote:

I have checked. It is not available. What is available are other instant messaging apps that work along with talk in order to connect with, for example: Android to Blackberry. (Talk to BB Messenger). Also have since my first post done another factory reset. As usual, works for the initial log in. Then back to unable to connect, will retry shortly. I have checked for talk numerous places. What is available, Talk for your pc. Not for your phone. So again, there is something corrupt with the factory installed software. What I find funny is that as others have gotten upgraded to say, a different brand of droid phone alltogether. I do like my ally. I will ride out the contract until I am able to upgrade. But in the mean time, I would like a fully functional phone out of the box. Why should I be expected to accept a broken product? If I wanted that I wouldn't have gone through Verizon, but through craigslist.

Well, they must have different apps available for different phones, then, because I am able to download Google Talk to my DROID X. It did not come on my phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Google Talk doesn't show up when looking through the web portal of the Android Market.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dashrom
Believe me. I am so sick of wiping phones clean and starting over. If it was available on the market I would jump at the opportunity. My guess is that apps are aimed at you specific phone.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The web portal of the Android Market will show all applications available. You don't have to be signed in to browse and search for applications. You only need to sign in when you want to download an application to your phone. Even then it will tell you if your phone is compatible with the application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
aaron8466
Enthusiast - Level 2

In late November of 2010, I got an Ally. I loved it at first, until I started having so many issues. It ended up completely failing and wouldn't turn on again. I received a replacement  two days later,  and two days passed without problems, then again it happened. I received ANOTHER replacement and 30 minutes later it restarted and the touch screen stopped working. At this point, I was mad. They tried to offer me a another replacement but I turned them down. We looked into options such as CPO, but they all cost like $200 and they were old like the Droid Eris and the Palm Treo. They had me call some special number and I told them it all and they said that there was NO other option available. I asked to talk to the manager, which was the most annoying person ever, and he couldn't do anything. I was about to give up until I talked to another manager who offered me an early upgrade on  different line, so I accepted. I got the HTC DROID Incredible but was a little disappointed to hear that it was not an AMOLED screen, but a SLCD. But I love it and it was worth the wait and the contract extension.

0 Likes