If i dropped my phone in the toilet
themasterofdroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

What should i do? And if i go in to get a replacement phone how will they activate the new phone if i don't have my old phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If i dropped my phone in the toilet
tremontij
Enthusiast - Level 2

You don't necessarily have to have the old device, I don't believe, if you tell the insurance company you dont have it. Same way if someone files a claim because of lost/stolen. But if you dropped it in the toilet... wouldn't you have it? If you do, then you will have to send the insurance company back the old phone.

If you have insurance on the phone, then call Asurion. You will have to pay some sort of deductible and they send you the replacement device. When you recieve it then just activate the new phone. I have done an insurance claim before on one of my lines because the screen got cracked. They were pretty quick in sending it to me. Overnight I believe.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The insurance wont cover a water damaged device because that is considered physical damage...  Some reported removing battery, do not power device up and placing the device in a bag of rice to dry the device out for a couple of days.

You can try the insurance but usually they wont cover water damage, check the label under battery and see if the label is washed out, this indicates water damage and the techs usually wont touch it after seeing this being damaged.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Wildman wrote:

The insurance wont cover a water damaged device because that is considered physical damage...  Some reported removing battery, do not power device up and placing the device in a bag of rice to dry the device out for a couple of days.

You can try the insurance but usually they wont cover water damage, check the label under battery and see if the label is washed out, this indicates water damage and the techs usually wont touch it after seeing this being damaged.

The normal factory or extended warranties won't but the Total Equipment Protection from Asurion will

0 Likes