Is The Battery Of My LG G4 Draining Fast Because Of An Update?
putzmeister
Enthusiast - Level 1

On Oct 14th I received the software update to 27C which is version VS98627C in settings.

Since the update the phone drains the battery a lot faster and even worse is the fact that the charging takes A LOT longer now.

I charge it every night and it used to get to 100% in a couple of hours depending on how far down it was and now it takes all night to get to 100% or depending on the discharge, which is now quicker, it might not even get to full capacity.

Any fixes?

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G4 October update to VS98627C battery drain
putzmeister
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found solution on my own.

Settings->Battery->Battery usage would show that google services was using a lot but through an app I found that the Google Photos app was using A LOT of CPU and at a constantly high rate.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the Photos app and it seems to be behaving nicely now and the battery draining has stopped for now.

If it comes back I'll come back and add to this thread.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: LG G4 October update to VS98627C battery drain
putzmeister
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found solution on my own.

Settings->Battery->Battery usage would show that google services was using a lot but through an app I found that the Google Photos app was using A LOT of CPU and at a constantly high rate.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the Photos app and it seems to be behaving nicely now and the battery draining has stopped for now.

If it comes back I'll come back and add to this thread.

Good Luck!

0 Likes