Is there a way to move apps from internal storage to a micro SD card on the Asus Zenpad Z8?
Mooftress

I've looked through the user manual which was zero help. Checked Google but only found how to move pictures, music and video to a micro SD card. I found in the Application Manager where it says the app is stored on internal storage with options to clear cache but nothing on moving the actual app. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to move apps from internal storage to a micro SD card on the Asus Zenpad Z8?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's always good to have the option to move apps to the SD card. Let's give these steps a try:

1. In settings> ASUS Customized settings? Set "App installation settings"  to "Prefer external storage".

2. Install a new app.

3. Go to settings>apps>ON SD Card.

4. Click on the new app. It will give you option "Move to SD Card".

AnthonyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to move apps from internal storage to a micro SD card on the Asus Zenpad Z8?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's always good to have the option to move apps to the SD card. Let's give these steps a try:

1. In settings> ASUS Customized settings? Set "App installation settings"  to "Prefer external storage".

2. Install a new app.

3. Go to settings>apps>ON SD Card.

4. Click on the new app. It will give you option "Move to SD Card".

AnthonyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
skla
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have moved apps to my sd card previously, but I can't remember how I did it. I realize this original question and answer are several years old, but I am currently having trouble with this. My internal storage is almost filled up, so I need to get some files moved to the sd card. However, the answer below doesn't work. I don't have "Asus customized settings,"  "App installation settings," or anything that says "Prefer external storage. You are probably going to tell me that my ZenPad is old and I need a new one, but I would like to keep this one if possible. I use it mostly for ebooks and a couple of game apps, Facebook and gmail (although it is not my primary device for FB and gmail). I am hoping you can help.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

skla,

We are sorry you are still having trouble. Can you tell me what you do see in Settings? Do you have any options once you click on any app to move to SD card? What about files?

-Jenelle

skla
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I received  a reply  and offer of help from a Verizon rep to my question above, which I posted a couple of days ago (started by another person years ago), but I can't figure out how to reply to it. Could you please help?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi! We will need more information on this concern. Please send us aPrivate note to get started. 

*Latecia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Move Files from Internal Storage to SD / Memory Card - ASUS...
  1. Apps icon. File Manager. .
  2. Tap. Internal storage. . ...
  3. Touch and hold to select the desired files(s). Selected when a checkmark is present.
  4. Tap the. Menu icon. then tap. ...
  5. Tap. SD / Memory Card. then navigate to the desired location. ...
  6. Tap. OK. (lower-right).

*Latecia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. Please try these steps;

1. Apps icon. File Manager. .
  2. Tap. Internal storage. . ...
  3. Touch and hold to select the desired files(s). Selected when a checkmark is present.
  4. Tap the. Menu icon. then tap. ...
  5. Tap. SD / Memory Card. then navigate to the desired location. ...
  6. Tap. OK. (lower-right).

*Roger

0 Likes