Is there an icon for using normal voicemail or is the old icon only for visual voicemail?
PittstownNJ

Using new Droid Turbo, would like to ignore Visual Voicemail and only use old fashioned voice-voicemail....but how to have a simple icon on my homescreen?

Thanks,

Bart

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there an icon for using normal voicemail or is the old icon only for visual voicemail?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can create your own icon shortcut, i.e., create a Contact named Voice Mail.  To avoid issues accessing your voice mail if you happen to be traveling outside your home area, enter the number as:

xxxxxxxxxx,,pppp#

where the x's represent your phone number, the commas are for pauses, the p's represent your voice mail password (so you won't have to enter it every time you call voice mail).  Then place that contact on your home screen as a Direct Dial widget.

View solution in original post

Re: Is there an icon for using normal voicemail or is the old icon only for visual voicemail?
Snn5
Legend

The icon  on your homescreen for voicemail is actually visual voicemail.  You will have to go by the icon in the notification bar and dial *86.  If you want to rid your account of visual voicemail you can remove the feature in My Verizon within Features/Apps/Programs tab.

0 Likes
PittstownNJ

so there is no longer an icon for accessing regular voicemail without dialing *86?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You should also see notifications on your lockscreen.  Once you have visual voicemail removed, tapping the notifications should take you to the dialed version of voicemail.  So, you will see the notifications on your lockscreen and should also see them in your notification bar.  Then you know to dial *86, or the speed dial (usually 1) on the dialer screen.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can create your own icon shortcut, i.e., create a Contact named Voice Mail.  To avoid issues accessing your voice mail if you happen to be traveling outside your home area, enter the number as:

xxxxxxxxxx,,pppp#

where the x's represent your phone number, the commas are for pauses, the p's represent your voice mail password (so you won't have to enter it every time you call voice mail).  Then place that contact on your home screen as a Direct Dial widget.

Snn5
Legend

I have no idea why I didn't mention that, or, why I forgot that method existed...I have the same direct dial for call forwarding and cancel set up on my 2nd homescreen. 

PittstownNJ 

I might try the direct dial shortcut method and still remove the visual voicemail option from the line in My Verizon.  The combination should have you set up correctly the way you want to be.

0 Likes
PittstownNJ

i'm trying to dimiss the visual voicemail icon/app but it won't stop generating notifications. 

so i just allowed the frickin' visual voicemail app to install so I can finally try to delete it.

0 Likes
PittstownNJ

i'm so disgusted with the new Android Turbo, it's a shame they ruined what was a very intuitive phone by making everything very awkward and counterintuitive.

just opened visual voicemail for the heck of it and it sucked!

going to go delete it now.

thanks for the help everyone.  how is it that we're supposed to be making progress but now i have to code my own shortcut for what should be a default feature?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You cannot delete it.  It is a system app.

0 Likes