Is there anything being done about the new system update?
Pacman1282

My phone is doing everything that is being posted on here. Says theres no sim card, draining battery rappidly, wifi and bluetooth not working, turning on and off over and over. I did the Factory Reset. It worked for a couple of days, and now it has updated again. Which has made my phone completely stop working. It now says System UI has stopped working. I dont feel like I should have to pay for a new phone when I did nothing to break my working phone, the update did. When I contacted LG about the problem they said they have not heard of this issue from anyone else. Lies!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is there anything being done about the new system update?
only2complain

Agreed! Verizon points the finger at LG. LG points the finger at Verizon and Google.  The LG person actually said to me:

[removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

So I have no real hope that a patch is coming soon. I had postponed the update so I'm not even sure why it installed anyway. I don't have insurance because I'm extremely careful with my phone. When I went to bed the night before my update my phone worked perfectly fine. So as much as they want to point fingers at each other, in my mind this is no different than Verizon unlocking the door to my house in the middle of the night so LG could come in and stomp all over my phone rendering it unusable.  Of the 3 parties involved here, I am DEFINITELY not the one who should be responsible for replacing it.  And of course this happens 13 months after purchase so not under warranty....and conveniently days before the LG G5 release.  And it's disappointing because I genuinely liked my LG but I'm learning that this is a pattern with them.  I have no helpful advice but I totally agree and do feel your pain.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

, we definitely want to do something about this. Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to your phone? If so, did you update the applications on your device, as well?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Salmo80
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just stopping in to say that following the update my phone has been working great, with better battery life than ever, bluetooth is fine, as is wifi (knock on wood).  Its worth it to try some additional troubleshooting since this problem isn't being experienced by ALL Verizon G3s.  Wish I could be of more help, good luck!

tezroe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a similar ping pong game with Google, Verizon, and LG. After weeks of troubleshooting, Verizon Sent me a replacement... But the phone is trying to update again.

0 Likes