Issues with calls. Calls are echoing for people on other side of the phone calls. They are hearing themselves as they speak. Is there a fix for this?
buitri3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Issues with calls. Calls are echoing for people on other side of the phone calls. They are hearing themselves as they speak. Is there a fix for this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
26 Replies
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like the noise-cancelling mic isn't working correctly MAYBE.  You can try a few voice recordings and cover up the top pic and the bottom mic and test that theory.

0 Likes
buitri3
Enthusiast - Level 2

sorry forgot to say this happens in speakerphone mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Buitri3-

Thank you for that piece of information.  If you turn off speakerphone is audio working fine?  Do you have a case on your phone?

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
buitri3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes that is correct. If i turn off the speakerphone the audio on the receiving side is working fine; they cannot hear any echos of themselves. I do not have a case on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

buitri3,

We want you to be able to enjoy using speakerphone without an echo. Have you always had this issue with speakerphone? If not, did anything change around the time this issue started?

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
buitri3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was made aware of this echo in the beginning when I got my phone, but I was skeptical it was my phone until more people complained whenever I went on speakerphone. So that's why I ask the question here. I was hoping the lollipop update would have fixed it, but it hasn't. And I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue now.

Thanks,

Tri