LG Ally number transfer (this may be long and slightly complicated, sorry)
RCSsmom

Purchased LG Ally yesterday, added to my mothers account. Phone number from AT&T was to be transferred over, and the CS Rep said it would take 3-24 hours for the number to transfer. maybe I am jumping the gun, since he still technically has 4 hours before the 24 hour mark has been reached, but he also indicated that it RARELY takes that long for the number to transfer. I was instructed to look for an e-mail/notification stating the account has been started.

Now

#1, I do not get service in my apartment building. Lame, I know, but I live in a dungeon practically.

#2. I recieved an e-mail to my google/gmail account, that DID show up once on my phone, and somehow miraculously I was able to read it but then it was gone.(I haven't been able to connect to anything since, including apps) I've checked my gmail online and it says:

Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless!  We have received your test email,
and this reply confirms that your account has been successfully setup.

What does this mean? Am I still waiting to have the number transferred? Or am I having some other issue that I need to address.

I guess in a nutshell, I'm asking, how long did it take for YOUR number to transfer over?

Thank you to anyone who can help me out. I just wanna be able to use my phone! 24 hours without is rough!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally number transfer (this may be long and slightly complicated, sorry)
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Some devices port over immediately, but it usually takes from 0 to 24 hours. Hope this information helps!

0 Likes