Re: LG G3 Bluetooth problems after Marshmallow update
JodiCass
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having a problem with syncing my basis peak since updating to Marshmallow 6.0.  Contacted verizon today to ask when 6.0.1 is coming out (I was told by basis that this update would resolve issue) - they said talk to LG who were similarly unhelpful.  SOMEONE has to resolve this - incredibly frustrating - will never buy an LG product again.  Verizon should at least provide option to roll back to Lollipop.  None of these manufacturers are taking responsibility and it's so ridiculous. 

0 Likes
JodiCass
Enthusiast - Level 1

Would be great if we could take legal action!

0 Likes
Espovt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got my Omron Blood Pressure monitor blue tooth functionality back working thanks to AWESOME customer support from the Omron folks. However, just did a Verizon software update yesterday on my LG G3 and my texts are now not updating in my car. Lovely, isn't it? Verizon, you are not doing well by me. One thing fixed thanks to Omron yesterday and now this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's keep that Blood Pressure at a normal rate. We want your text to work in your car, hope we are not texting and driving! Can you tell us a little more about this feature and about it works with your car?

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Renaldo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon's chipper responses are starting to wear thin. Multiple third party manufacturers have confirmed that this is an issue that is inherent in 6.0, and is fixed in 6.0.1. If LG is dragging their feet on releasing 6.0.1, Verizon has more than enough clout to pressure them if they cared. As a cyclist, I recently spent several hundred dollars upgrading my training equipment to Bluetooth LE which is now useless.

Verizon needs to either:

1- Give us an honest assessment of what their efforts are to resolve, along with an ETA of the 6.0.1 release.

2- Replace my phone with another with functioning Bluetooth LE, or at least accelerate my upgrade date.

Or

3- Release me from my contract so I can switch to a carrier who gives a damn.

h2osmokey

I finally got it sorted spending an hour in the Verizon store in Everett with my LG watch and 2 auto connections now working and maintained.  Sorry to say the fix was a factory reset and I lost some data (most all) for "aCar" auto use tracking.  It was NOT backed up in the cloud.

So I've been at it for a week and received an incremental backup (47A) to the G3 April 1st (I'm no fool), All seems to be working and battery life has been remarkably better than before the Marshmallow upgrade / Bluetooth debacle.

Angry this occurred and I lost data but happy it's been repaired and operations are normal.  I don't know if 47A was a fix or not since my fix was a factory reset.

0 Likes
Somomabg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Close but no cigar... 47A may have helped with LG devices but does nothing for the five devices that I own. I finally spent more money on a Plantronics Voyager Edge (Verizon sells it for $129 but I found them online for $59.99) and it works, but I think Verizon should reimburse for the time and expense we all are wasting having to solve this problem with no help from them. Anyone know of a good class action plaintiffs attorney?

0 Likes
Somomabg
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHY HAS VERIZON WIRELESS ABANDONED THESE CUSTOMERS?

Verizon Wireless customers using the LG G3 received a "pushed," or mandatory update to the "Marshmallow" (Android 6.0) operating system earlier this year. Following the update, I discovered that four of my five Bluetooth devices no longer worked reliably. Verizon referred my complaints to the phone's manufacturer, which in turn suggested that I contact Google, developers of the Android OS.

In researching the issue, I discovered (in this forum and others) a large number of Verizon customers with the same issue. Some of us have spent additional money on higher priced devices in order to use the phone wirelessly. Personally, my hearing aid requires a Bluetooth connection to work with the phone, so I am seriously out of luck.

Verizon's troubleshooting steps do not address the problem. There is apparently a solution in the Android 6.0.1 software update, but so far, Verizon won't push it to the G3.

Having worked in the wireless industry, I understand that nothing is pushed to Verizon customers until and unless it has been vetted and approved by the carrier. My educated guess is that Verizon failed to do proper diligence and wants to get out from under the problem by dropping support for the G3 and suggesting that customers pay to "upgrade" to a newer model.

Within the next few days, I'll be moving my numbers to one of their competitors. Verizon Wireless has failed to support a large group of its customers and deserves to lose them.

0 Likes
nygirl74

Has there been any update on this?  Obviously numerous people have reached out to Garmin, LG and Verizon.  Clearly it's an issue.  Get your [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] together... you have customers buying your products for the advertised functionality and that is now broken.  Two months now of customers reaching out to any technical support group they can for every avenue they have.  Between Garmin, LG, and Verizon I would hope there is a skilled IT department able to resolve this.

0 Likes
only2complain

I saw that there was a class action lawsuit over the LG G2 for a similar issue, for failing to respond with a solution in a timely manner.  Further proof that LG does not care about repeat customers. But its also proof that it can be done

0 Likes