Re: LG G3 - Date/Time is constantly inaccurate
NathanLake
Contributor - Level 1

This started on Sunday. It seems to only happen with certain cell towers in the area at the south end of Seattle. Clearly the issue reported last fall continues to be an issue. At that time it took weeks and required an update from LG to "fix"

SarahBeddow
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately Nathan, it's spreading - time was wrong at 600 Pine yesterday and now in Bellevue too.   My alarm went off an hour early.  Yay!   I think a good work around is to find a better phone/network.  I understand tech issues, but telling me over and over again to take the battery out isn't helping.

0 Likes
NathanLake
Contributor - Level 1

Going to speak with T-Mobile today. Anyone have any opinions on them compared to Verizon.

SarahBeddow
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was a Tmobile customer for years with no problem and about half the cost.   The only cons are if you go out to rural areas the coverage is not as good.   Recently and the reason that I dropped them is that there is a 2G tower (as of summer 2014) that supports the port of Seattle.  My office is near Pike Place Market and my phone would pick up that tower.  When people called they would often get a busy signal - and I had a lot of dropped calls.  Also near my home - Bellevue/Crossroads area - the tower there was overloaded and was starting to drop calls as well.   They actually let me out of my contract b/c of the issue near my office.

Anyone use AT&T?

0 Likes
NathanLake
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone hear anything from Verizon?

SarahBeddow
Enthusiast - Level 3

I inquired on my service ticket yesterday and was told that my patience was appreciated.

I have the distinct feeling that my ticket is one guy going to check on one tower and I don't think the problem is being addressed in a more comprehensive way.  But I don't know, because all I hear is platitudes like "time waits for no one" and false assurances of a sense of urgency. 

0 Likes
SarahBeddow
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got a call from a tech who told me that the problem was fixed.  I set my time to automatic, powered down and restarted and it IS correct.  But I'm in Bellevue.  So someone in Seattle give it a try.   good luck!

0 Likes
TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

Don't hold your breath. But, looking through the previous comments from Verizon does offer some comedic relief. They ask a couple questions & then come back with some generic, obscure reply that really offers no solution. They should be able think of something better, considering the fact that the problem still persists after almost 6 months.

0 Likes
Mhharris73

I now have the same issue. I live in the Bay Area (95054) and my lg g3 is jumping three time zones ahead. This issue started yesterday (06/09/15).

0 Likes
NathanLake
Contributor - Level 1

Interesting that it should have just started there. Here is Seattle we have not had this issue since the time change. I am somewhat dreading the change back to standard time this fall.

0 Likes