LG G3 Marshmallow Availability
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the current availability of the Marshmallow update? My phone is not picking up the update and neither is the Verizon Upgrade Assistant. Has the update been pushed out to users in the U.S. region? Is their a .kdz file that I can flash?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbushaw1416, I want you to enjoy the benefits of the update. Let's look further into this. Once new software is available for a device, customers do not receive the software update all at once. Delivery of a push to your handset can take up to 3-4 weeks from the release date 2-16-16. What exactly are you experiencing with the assistant tool? http://vz.to/1KVN9sK
TominqueB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
26 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbushaw1416,

Having the latest update for your phone can definitely improve your experience. The Marshmallow update for the LG G3 has already been released. Typically, software updates are sent out in waves and your phone will notify you when an update is available. About 10 days after the release, you should be able to manually update your device, so it's odd that you're not able to do so from your phone or the Software Upgrade Assistant.

Can you share the current software version that's installed in your phone http://vz.to/1EnXlrB ? What happens when you try to complete the update manually?When trying to update from the phone, are you connected to WiFi?

ShawnteJ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am connected to Wi-Fi when checking for updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbushaw1416, I want you to enjoy the benefits of the update. Let's look further into this. Once new software is available for a device, customers do not receive the software update all at once. Delivery of a push to your handset can take up to 3-4 weeks from the release date 2-16-16. What exactly are you experiencing with the assistant tool? http://vz.to/1KVN9sK
TominqueB_VZW

0 Likes
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

The assistant also tells me that the phone is up to date. I thought the

assistant would be able to pull the update from Verizon regardless of when

the update is being pushed?

On Mar 11, 2016 12:33 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

AMS1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm running Android 5.1.1 which I upgraded to thru the software assistant. I've been waiting on the software upgrade assistant as well. It seems like we're just not going to get it. People have been asking the same question & complaining about it not working & Verizon doesn't seem to be offering up much. I've been trying via the SUA since 2/16/16 & it always says up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for giving the assistant a try, jbushaw1416. It is usually a good way to bring an update to your phone a bit faster. When you go into your phone's Settings > About Phone > Software Info, what version is listed?

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Android version is 5.1.1. Software version is VS98535B.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jbushaw1416

Thanks for keeping us posted. Let’s take a closer look.

Can you check for the update with WiFi “Off”? Let me know what you experience.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. It tells me to make sure that I am connected to the mobile network or have an active Wi-Fi connection. My phone is currenty not activated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you stay up to date. To clarify are you currently attempting to process the update while located outside of the country?
KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jbushaw1416
Enthusiast - Level 2

So where the heck did you see anything about being outside the country? Not one word in that previous reply said "country." I AM INSIDE THE U.S.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the confusion, jushaw1416. We want to make sure your phone is up to date with the latest software. Thank you very much for providing us all of the details so far. To clarify, we will need to make sure the phone is activated on a Verizon account to ensure the update goes through. This is the main reason it is currently not working. Please keep us posted if you have any further questions or concerns.

AnthonyC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you stating that the newest update will not be pushed out via the software upgrade tool? Being activated on a post paid verizon account in the past was never a requirement as I have used pre paid plans in the past and upgraded my lg g3 just fine.

0 Likes
kevinkoch

Trust me when I say you do not want this upgrade.  They have bricked my phone for 4g data on February 19th with the marshmallow upgrade and Verizon refuses to fix the issue on my phone.  They say its out of warranty and the only thing I can do is upgrade to another phone.  Not interested in spending more money on my part to fix the problem.

I suspect a bunch of people upgraded and had issues and they've black listed the upgrade.

I'm very upset to say the least.

0 Likes
Larz6

Update killed 3 phones for me. Lucky I'm still under warranty. Refuse to do the update. It makes my phone unusable. Screen freezes and fades out. Called LG and they said they haven't heard of the problem and neither has Verizon. Can't believe I'm the only one with this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Larz6, we always want the very best for your phone. Is your current phone running smoothly? If not, please reach out so we may ensure that it is.
LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
ptibbits
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to 2 Verizon stores yesterday and was on the phone with Tech Support for about 2 hours. My entire experience with the G3 after the Marshmallow update has been horrible. Yesterday, the phone issues were so bad that even factory resets weren't working: I had to attempt a factory reset 5 different times before one actually went through. All of the prior ones were interrupted by the blue screen-reboot issue.

At one point during the last one of my conversations, one of the Verizon reps told me that an alert just went out to Verizon tech support indicating that these problems (blue screen, flicker/fade, etc.) were now "known problems" with the G3 and the marshmallow update. Not sure what that gets us, though . . .

0 Likes
only2complain

They told me back in March that LG was aware of the problem and working on a patch.  Basically what they meant was "I know you're going to be mad at you so I am just going to lie to you", per Verizon's company motto: "If it ain't broke, then we will force an update and break it for you then turn around and pretend we don't know what happened." My phone was covered under the manufacturers warranty for two more days when LG received it. Conveniently enough for them. My phone that has never even been exposed to rain was "water damaged" and therefore not eligible for repair.  Meanwhile, even if there was water damage it didn't cause all updated phones to simultaneously break.  we should take a cue from Verizon and unionize to make our demands be heard

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ptibbits we want your phone and service to be top notch. Let's get to the bottom of this. How has your phone been since you did the factory reset? How long have you had your LG G3?
AdrienneP_VZW

0 Likes
kevinkoch

I've pretty much just about had it with Verizon.  This sucks.  I've been a customer since 2008 when I switched from Sprint.  I only switched because I started working for Verizon Business.  Until recently the service has been great.  Usually better than most of my other friends on other services. 

Regardless, I still need to be able to use the service as I'm paying for it.  They have soft bricked my phone and will not fix it because its 'out of warranty.'  Thus far they've offered me nothing to fix the issue.  I suggested maybe they can upgrade me, change me to a different phone, and so on but they are unwilling to do so.

It looks like at this point my only suggested course of action is to change providers and start a new contract to eliminate the upfront cost of a new phone.  I shouldn't have to pay out of pocket to fix an issue that Verizon has caused.

0 Likes