Re: LG G3 Marshmallow Availability
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kevinkoch, I truly am concerned you had issues with the software upgrade. Let me assist you with getting your device fixed. Did you try the software upgrade repair assistant? It can help to fix the issue and here's a link to use for the steps http://tiny.cc/rrsxay . Let me know after trying it if you need more assistance.
EdwinWW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Larz6

Update killed 3 phones for me. Lucky I'm still under warranty. Refuse to do the update. It makes my phone unusable. Screen freezes and fades out. Called LG and they said they haven't heard of the problem and neither has Verizon. Can't believe I'm the only one with this problem.

0 Likes
ptibbits
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to 2 Verizon stores yesterday and was on the phone with Tech Support for about 2 hours. My entire experience with the G3 after the Marshmallow update has been horrible. Yesterday, the phone issues were so bad that even factory resets weren't working: I had to attempt a factory reset 5 different times before one actually went through. All of the prior ones were interrupted by the blue screen-reboot issue.

At one point during the last one of my conversations, one of the Verizon reps told me that an alert just went out to Verizon tech support indicating that these problems (blue screen, flicker/fade, etc.) were now "known problems" with the G3 and the marshmallow update. Not sure what that gets us, though . . .

0 Likes
kevinkoch

I've pretty much just about had it with Verizon.  This sucks.  I've been a customer since 2008 when I switched from Sprint.  I only switched because I started working for Verizon Business.  Until recently the service has been great.  Usually better than most of my other friends on other services. 

Regardless, I still need to be able to use the service as I'm paying for it.  They have soft bricked my phone and will not fix it because its 'out of warranty.'  Thus far they've offered me nothing to fix the issue.  I suggested maybe they can upgrade me, change me to a different phone, and so on but they are unwilling to do so.

It looks like at this point my only suggested course of action is to change providers and start a new contract to eliminate the upfront cost of a new phone.  I shouldn't have to pay out of pocket to fix an issue that Verizon has caused.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Larz6, we always want the very best for your phone. Is your current phone running smoothly? If not, please reach out so we may ensure that it is.
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ptibbits we want your phone and service to be top notch. Let's get to the bottom of this. How has your phone been since you did the factory reset? How long have you had your LG G3?
AdrienneP_VZW

0 Likes
only2complain

They told me back in March that LG was aware of the problem and working on a patch.  Basically what they meant was "I know you're going to be mad at you so I am just going to lie to you", per Verizon's company motto: "If it ain't broke, then we will force an update and break it for you then turn around and pretend we don't know what happened." My phone was covered under the manufacturers warranty for two more days when LG received it. Conveniently enough for them. My phone that has never even been exposed to rain was "water damaged" and therefore not eligible for repair.  Meanwhile, even if there was water damage it didn't cause all updated phones to simultaneously break.  we should take a cue from Verizon and unionize to make our demands be heard

0 Likes