Re: LG G3 - New Update has caused major issues!
casperella
Enthusiast - Level 2

update 2:  phone has just restarted on its own but did not go to the application optimization screen.  it also took me out of safe mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

casperella,

Let's see if we can get this up and running again. We know how important a functioning phone is.While the phone is in safe mode, can you check your phone's apps for available updates in the Google Play Store and complete any available? Let us know.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
casperella
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, after trying a few times (phone kept kicking out of safe mode into reg mode) I was able to update all my apps in the play store with the exception of Amazon kindle, Amazon music, and Android system web view.  both Amazon apps gave me an error saying it can't be installed and the Android app I don't want to update due to the horrible reviews (sorry).

0 Likes
eskmoksses
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried updating apps in Safe Mode - The phone turns itself off and starts up again and switches out of Safe Mode.

It also gives me a blank blue screen and then shuts off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience that we want you to have ptibbits. Let's work together and get your LG G3. Just to verify, what's the exact software version that you have installed? Any physical/liquid damage on the device? What's the last action taken on the device before the screen issue takes place?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
casperella
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello again,

Following up on my phone's status: (from last evening, 3/31 10pm) after trying a few times (phone kept kicking out of safe mode into reg mode) I was able to update all my apps in the play store with the exception of Amazon kindle, Amazon music, and Android system web view.  both Amazon apps gave me an error saying it can't be installed and the Android app I don't want to update due to the horrible reviews (sorry).

Today, 4/1/16 - My phone is back in normal mode (not safe mode) and I continue to experience some issues.  My phone has restarted on it's own at least 3 times that I am aware of.  It no longer boots into the application optimization screen, just restarts for no reason.  I also continue to have issues with my SD card unmounting and remounting constantly.  I've lost count how many times today.

Please advise on next steps.

Thanks.

0 Likes
ptibbits
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was an Android update. I am on Android Version 6.0, software version VS98547A.

My phone has no physical or liquid damage.

The screen flickering/dimming happens when I am doing any number of things: messaging, emailing (from 3 different apps), using Chrome, looking at the home screen, etc. It isn't limited to any particular activity.

0 Likes
casperella
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon Customer Service,

I am now on my 11th restart of the day.  These restarts are not initiated by me but by the phone all on its own.

I am on the same android software version as    Android 6.0, software version VS98547A. Still unable to use my LG G3 phone due to the constant automatic restarts after the latest software update this past Wed. Currently resorting to using my company iPhone (ugh!!).

I have put phone in safe mode and updated apps that allowed me to update. Still having issues. Please advise 

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Casperella I’m sad to learn you are having issues with the device. The 11th reset would be driving me crazy. I am going to ask you to backup and save your information before we have you complete a master reset. Once you backup click the link for instructions on how to master reset the phone. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/112585
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mama_Edna

I had this problem and eventually the phone just stopped working. Back up your data and be prepared. Verizon won't do anything until it's unusable. If you don't have insurance, you'll be buying a new phone.

0 Likes