LG G4 touch sensitivity seems very poor
gaelrond
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have noticed especially with the LG keyboard that frequently my screen taps do not register at all.  Typing text messages is a nightmare as letters frequently do not register, or the incorrect letter is registered.  Sometimes even repeated taps on a letter will fail to register.  I have had problems with poor screen touch registration in other apps as well, though less noticeably so.  I have tried third party keyboards which seem somewhat better but not consistently so; many of them seem to have adware built in or lack features I like so are not a great solution.  Not sure what else to try as the keyboard on this phone makes me want to throw it.  All software on the phone is up-to-date.  Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 touch sensitivity seems very poor
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@gaelrond

I can definitely understand your frustrations with your LG G4 screen and keyboard.  This would frustrate me as well.  I would love to assist in resolving this device issue with you.

When did this problem begin?  Have you recently updated your device’s software or installed any new applications?  Please test your keyboard with the device powered up in Safe Mode: http://vz.to/1YhCaNw, and let me know if the problems persist while the device is powered up in Safe Mode.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gaelrond
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been a problem since the day I purchased the phone.  The phone software - as I said previously - is up-to-date.  I installed a number of apps once I got the phone; booting in safe mode does not seem to improve the touch screen response.  Thanks.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gaelrond,

We want your phone to operate as it should. I know the importance of being able to message loved ones. Let's look into this more. When did this start for you? Are you using the standard keyboard or a 3rd party application?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gaelrond
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I stated before, this has been an issue since I purchased the phone.  I am currently using the standard LG Keyboard, but have also tried 3rd party keyboards with no change in performance.

0 Likes