LG G5 Home Button Help.
Nicolio1886

My G5 recently did the 2AA update and ever since it won't recognize my default home setting when I click the home button while in an app.  Almost every time I click the circle home button or close all open apps it asks me which type of home I want to use and then "just once" or "always".  It never used to to do this and it is incredibly annoying.  Any fix for this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G5 Home Button Help.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like you have more than one UI launcher applications installed. The one that came with the phone and maybe the Google launcher or another launcher. You need to either disable one or select "always" first before selecting the preferred launcher.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: LG G5 Home Button Help.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I think you’re on to something, Ann154. Thanks for jumping in to help. Nicolio1886, do you have another launcher application installed from Google’s Play Store? If you select “always” from that pop up, does it continue to come up? If you go into Settings > Home Screen > Select Home, what options do you see? I want to make sure we’ve covered all the bases to get your home button working like it use to.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes