LG Optimus Exceed 2 will not connect when plugged into the laptop
KNeu21

Hi there,

I can't seem to find anyone who's had this issue, but this is the second time this has happened to me.
I'm using the original USB cable to plug my phone into the laptop, in an effort to move things to my SIM card. Unfortunately, when plugged into the laptop, the phone only charges and will not sync to the laptop. Few things. Yes, I've tried other cables. No, this didn't start with installing an app. Yes, I've tried turning off the phone and turning it back on. I've tried taking the battery out. I've tried plugging it in while it was off. I've tried removing the SIM card, turning the phone back on, turning it back off and replacing the SIM card, and that didn't fix it. Yes, I've searched everywhere for the answer to this, and no, I haven't been able to find an answer.
The last time I fixed this issue, I had to factory reset my phone, and I really don't want to have to do that again. If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd be really happy to hear how. Please tell me I'm not alone.
Thank you in advance if anyone is able to help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Optimus Exceed 2 will not connect when plugged into the laptop
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is USB Debugging enabled in the phone's developer options by chance? Is the phone set to MTP mode when you're connecting it? Does your computer acknowledge the phone as a Mass Storage USB device or a phone when plugged via the Device Manager / System Profiler?

0 Likes