LG V10 Marshmallow
Command8ocho
Enthusiast - Level 1

When o when we will get the Marshmallow update for the LG V10?

Labels (1)
Re: LG V10 Marshmallow
lordyj2001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sadly doesn't seem like soon. Verizon is useless as ever in getting updates. Others have theirs for their V10s. My girlfriend has the G4 and has it already. She got it last weekend.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

New software updates are exciting to experience Command8ocho. While they often provide new enhancements on devices, the core purpose of a software upgrade is to resolve any known issues reported to the developer. May I ask what device issue are you experiencing that you feel a software update will resolve? We want to ensure that you are able to enjoy your wireless service that you are subscribed to.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lordyj2001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually that is an incremental or security patch update that provides fixes for bugs. Marshmallow is a OS upgrade with new features and functionality that also includes patches and security fixes. Please do not misinform people.

0 Likes
Haxcid
Enthusiast - Level 1

That was the most moronic reply ever. Was that copied from a corporate handbook?

When people spend 600 to 700 dollars on a device they kind of expect the device to be supported. Since VZW does not want to open things up so users can update their devices on their own then the responsibility falls on your shoulders to provide the updates in a timely manner, be it bug fix or OS upgrade. Note that your bug fixes are exceptionally slow as well.

Jimmyz74
Enthusiast - Level 3

A core issue I'm having is that I have the newest phone made by lg and don't have an available update. Nor, any timeframe. Why not just tell us what you know instead of skirting the issue?? You imply that a phone needs some sort of bug or defect before being on the current software for android becomes relevant. Everyone is asking something very simple. What is the timetable for this phone's update. Don't twist it. It also happens to be one of your most expensive phones. If not, the most. Customer service first!

Kitwalz

Hmmm no marshmallow 6.0 comes with security fixes,  very very important security fixes maybe verizon wireless does not give a rat's behind about them but some people do. Sad purchased V10 yesterday and it only has Dec security update. I guess verizon wireless will care only when there is a breach.......

0 Likes
Kitwalz

escalation of privilege vulnerabilities. This refers to any point in the code where something can ask for access to greater privileges than they are supposed to be granted by the operating system. Frequently, escalation-of-privilege vulnerabilities can lead to the ability to execute code that would otherwise not be allowed. In the January patch, Google is addressing escalation vulnerabilities in Bluetooth, Kernel, Setup Wizard, Wifi, Trustzone, Imagination Technologies Driver, and misc-sd driver. A remote code execution vulnerability in the Mediaserver was also addressed in this patch, as well as a denial of service vulnerability in Bouncy Castle. Finally, there was an attack surface reduction for Nexus kernels.  That just what the Jan 16 update fixes I know verizon wireless can careless about that

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you ever consider that LG isn't done writing the code? The certification and regulatory compliance testing isn't complete?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kitwalz

Lol the security updates are from google so that is not LG that's verizon not pushing them out..as for the v10 update to 6.0 we shall see... International v10 6.0 is out so.........

0 Likes