Re: LG V10 Marshmallow
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, the security updates come from Google. LG then has to incorporate them into the code. Then there is other certification and testing including Verizon's test to check for technical approval. Verizon doesn't touch the code.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kitwalz

Lol Verizon has to push the update which they don't they are 2 security update behind for the v10 and yes LG has had them out for JAN AND FEB for the v10  verizon wireless just don't push them out all on verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They can't something out they don't have!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kitwalz

The v10 google security patch for JAN and FEB are out for LG it's all on verizon the March is not out for LG v10 so I can't fault them. " verizon" for that

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

So with your logic, I should blame Best Buy for why my Nexus 7 2013 wifi tablet got the March security updates 15 days after it was originally released? "It should have gotten it on the first day."

Verizon does not have the update. LG does until it is ready to issued. Then and only then will Verizon Wireless announce/update their software updates pages to let their customers know there is an update ready to distributed. Oh let's see Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless, LG last finished an update and was distributed starting on 1/06/2016 which likely means it didn't have the January or February security updates. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't have the December update either.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Is it also Verizon's fault that the AT&T and T-Mobile versions of the LGV10 have also not received the update?

0 Likes
Kitwalz

Lol I'll guess we will I agree to disagree also heads up best buy has no say so for patch distribution so no, not best buy's fault..... just flash the new update to your Nexus 7 2013 wifi tablet . Verizon push out the updates to there phones not LG only exception is the iPhone or if you have the Nexus 6 or a nexus device on verizon since you can just flash the update to your nexus device

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has no say when an update is ready either. Either it is or it isn't. If Verizon tests it to ensure it doesn't break the network and it fails, Verizon sends it back to the manufacturer.

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

Out now (6.0 MM) downloaded on the 24th and it's working great so far. 

0 Likes
micmattie

My LG V10 crashes/freeezes and shuts off  all the time now after the marshmallow update, PLEASE fix asap, apps are not responding as well neither, my husband LG G3 is having screen and crashes as well, my sons Samsung Edge is bugging, freezes as well PLEASE update, Thanks,

0 Likes