LG V20 V charging help
MYKE2492

LG V20 V says slow charging even when i'm using the original charge from box, got it last week

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V20 V charging help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MYKE2492 - Being able to charge your device is crucial. I apologize for the issues you're having with your device. Especially when you just got it last week. I am confident that we can resolve the slow charging issue your device is  experiencing. Are you charging your phone on a PC with the USB cord or are you charging it on an electrical wall outlet? What software does your device currently have? Settings>System updates>Check for new system updates. 

JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If you are using the original phone charger, did it come in the box new, or was your phone a refurbished unit? You want to make sure it is an OEM charger.

Second thing, some cables do not provide for Fast Charging. If you are not using the OEM cable that came with the phone, then you may have an issue.

It is also remotely possible you have a problem with the OEM charger and/or OEM cable.

You need to check your phone with a known good power supply/adapter and cable capable of fast charging.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your input. I would have to agree with your here. Verifying that there is not an issue with the OEM charger is the first thing on the list Thenn we can move on to the device.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
angelsix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to use a magnifying glass to read the very tiny print on the charger that came in the box with my V20.  To my surprise, it does not show that it provides Qualcomm FastCharge 3.0, which was disappointing.

I would also like to know if there is an indicator in the phone that shows when it is successfully doing a FastCharge.

0 Likes